A Heart's Promise (A Journey of the Heart)…

A Heart's Promise (A Journey of the Heart)

by Colleen Coble

The Heart's Promise by Colleen Coble Giveaway We learn a bit more about Amelia and Sarah and Emmie. Colleen Coble does it again with another book. Emmie asks Amila to promise to marry her husband Jakob and raise the baby as her own. They meet a woman and worry about Amelia health. Emmie is still dealing with her past. Emmie has a secret that he doe not want exposed around the fort. Will she tell Issac about her past? Issac seem to only have eyes for Emmie. Morning Song arrives to the fort and is taken to Rand and Sarah place. Morning Song is with her son. Rand and Sarah suggest that Morning Song and her son to stay with them. Emmie finds family and learns that she has a nephew. Ben seem to be on the run. What will happen with Sarah, Emmie, Amelia, Jakob, Rand, and Morning Song. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |

Lindz2012 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Colleen Coble’s 6-book Journey of The Heart series has provided me an uneven reading experience. The first 3 books were okay, but I really enjoyed book 4, A Heart’s Betrayal, which focuses on Emmie Croftner. Emmie’s story is unique, and I was looking forward to more time spent with this determined heroine. Her abuse at the hands of the men in her life have left Emmie distrustful of men in general and in God in particular. Unfortunately, A Heart’s Promise (book 5) was disappointing to me. Emmie’s new found faith occurs abruptly — I had to actually reread the passage to assure myself it had occurred. The romance between Emmie and Isaac is a hurried affair as well, seemingly put in for a tease for book 6.

While I didn’t like A Heart’s Promise, I am not giving up on the series. I really do want to know what will become of Emmie, Isaac and the other characters I have come to like.

Audience: older teens to adults.

(Thanks to LitFuse and Thomas Nelson for a review copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Jul 27, 2015 |
Title: A Heart’s Promise (A Journey of the Heart Series #5)
Author: Colleen Coble
Pages: 112
Year: 2015
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
The climax in the story of life in the wilderness in the late 1800’s is simply spell-binding! We find a nemesis or two from earlier installments making reappearances with nothing in mind but destroying the future plans of another lady and cavalry officer. Emmie is the central female character in this book as she now lives with her past secret from her friends in fear of rejection.
We also see how life is for Sarah and Rand who along with Jacob and his very pregnant wife Amelia. There is also a surprise for readers who thought an earlier character was written into the fading sun, but appears here with a gift in tow. Next month the final installment in “A Journey of the Heart” series will be released and we’ll get to read the exciting conclusion to the characters, setting and tale we’ve come to love.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Jul 20, 2015 |
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
A Heart's Promise by Colleen Coble, © 2015
Journey of the Heart series

Part 5 of 6 in the Journey of the Heart series ~
Will the promise Emmie makes to her friend mean the end to her dreams of a future with Isaac? Find out in book five, A Heart’s Promise, of my A Journey of the Heart series. Emmie Croftner let Isaac Liddle go to avoid telling him about her past. But Isaac remains determined to win Emmie’s heart and hand. Can she live happily without Isaac?
--author Colleen Coble

My review:
This six-part novella series is a reissue of the Wyoming series, earlier works by Colleen Coble ~ Where Leads the Heart and continuing Plains of Promise, to be enjoyed by new readers and renewed by those who read them when they were first published almost a decade ago. The story continues as Emmie Croftner has just found out she is with child. Deceived by Monroe, his true wife arrived after his funeral. Emmie is now at Fort Phil Kearny in Wyoming Territory with her good friends, the Campbells.

I read this part of the story without stopping. I am looking forward to the conclusion in part 6, coming next month.

late-October 1866
Distrustful of any intentions, Emmie turns away from Rand Campbell's friend, Lieutenant Isaac Liddle. She is certain if there were more unmarried women at the post, his attentions would wane. For sure, if he knew the truth about her. With the arrival of their commanding officer and his daughter, an overheard conversation could bring a disturbance for Emmie, beyond what she'd ever expect.

Emmie makes a good friend with Maggie O'Donnell, an Irish lass and her younger sister, Mary. Wise she is to strike up this friendship. An earlier friend separated from Sarah is reunited with her. Hope is left in the balance as this story nears an end. (to be continued in next month's issue...)

These are the six serial parts published in short installments at regular intervals, as a novel appearing in successive issues of a magazine. The blog tour dates are monthly, March through August, 2015. Book One ~ A Heart's Disguise; Book Two ~ A Heart's Obsession; Book Three ~ A Heart's Danger; Book Four ~ A Heart's Betrayal; Book Five ~ A Heart's Promise; Book Six ~ A Heart's Home.

***Thank you to Litfuse Publicity Group for inviting me to join the blog tours for the Journey of the Heart series by Colleen Coble, and to Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending me a copy of Book Five, A Heart's Promise for review. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Jul 15, 2015 |

Emmie makes a promise to her friend that, if fulfilled, could mean the end to her dreams of a future with Isaac.

Emmie Croftner let Isaac Liddle go to avoid telling him about her past. But Isaac remains determined to win Emmie’s heart and hand. Though Emmie resolves to keep her heart in check, it hurts when she sees that another woman has set her bonnet for Isaac.

Then Emmie’s dear friend extracts a costly promise: if anything happens to her in childbirth, Emmie will marry her widower and raise the baby herself. And it seems Emmie may have to fulfill that promise. But can she live happily without Isaac?

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 10 Jul 2015 19:05:43 -0400)

"A rival threatens Emmie's budding romance with Isaac. At Fort Laramie, soldier Isaac Liddle determines he will court and win Emmie Croftner's hand. Though courting seems improbable for a woman in her condition, Emmie begins to care deeply for Issac and chafes as Jessica Dubois sets her bonnet for him. When Jessica learns of Emmie's secret pregnancy, she blackmails her. With the Sioux Wars raging outside the safety of Fort Laramie, Emmie knows she cannot lose Isaac. But will he reject her -- and her child -- if he learns the truth?"--… (more)

Colleen Coble is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,355,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible