A Heart's Home (A Journey of the Heart)…

A Heart's Home (A Journey of the Heart) (edition 2015)

by Colleen Coble (Author)

Member:Kris_Anderson
Title:A Heart's Home (A Journey of the Heart)
Authors:Colleen Coble (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2015), 112 pages

A Heart's Home (A Journey of the Heart) by Colleen Coble

A Heart's Home by Colleen Coble Giveaway Colleen Coble does it again and ties all the stories together. Each characters stories are interlined with each one. Emmie is expecting her first child. Amelie is a friend to them. What will happen to them. Find out what happens. Gabrielle was born and what will Jacob do?

There was a lot going on. Issac asked Emmie to marry. Will she get her wish with Issac or will she have to keep her promise and marry Jacob. Rand and Sarah are also expecting. Will they get out of the wars with all them or will they lose someone?

The three couple became really good friends and soon became family. How is Morning Song and her little boy John. Will Jakob take Morning Song and raise her son and his daughter? Find out by reading this book.

When to learn how it all began then you would need to pick up the books to this series. The stories are "A Heart's Disguise", "A Heart's Obsession", "A Heart's Danger", "A Heart's Betrayal", "A Heart's Promise". ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |

Lindz2012 | Jan 19, 2016 |
This is the sixth book in a novella series and it's a very good read even as a stand-alone book. It would be good made into a Hallmark movie. It's a Christian Historical Romance set in December 18, 1866, Fort Phil Kearny, Wyoming Territory.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to live then and there - Indian uprisings, life in a fort, women dying early from childbirth, others dying from illness and harsh living conditions. Then add in all the variations of human personality. This is not a time period or place that I would have wanted to live in. But Colleen Coble is able to imagine it and has written an excellent series. If you are looking for a quick read - pick this up. If you're looking for a longer book - pick up the series! Clearly written, great style with a mild Christian message. A book you can feel good about!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  Robin.Willson | Aug 29, 2015 |
Colleen Coble’s Journey of The Heart series is a six book novella set that is a re-worked release from a 2-part series she published years ago. I signed up to review all 6 books, but I don’t think I would have continued with this series if I had not made that commitment. The last book, A Heart’s Home, wraps up the series, but feels rushed with missing pieces still uncovered. If you you are looking for a very light historical romance, you may like these books. If not, then I say just skip them. I know that sounds really harsh, but I had high hopes that never materialized. I was left very disappointed.

Emmie Croftner has finally found true love, and she and Isaac Liddle are making plans for a future. But the unthinkable happens and Emmie has to make a choice to follow her heart or to fulfill a promise. The domestic drama develops against the very real threats of attack by the Sioux Indians. Men are dying every day, and the peril grows.

Emmie Croftner’s story had a promising beginning in book 4, A Heart’s Betrayal. But the story became very predictable and formulaic. The characters are interesting, but don’t have enough development to capture the reader’s imagination. The setting and history is new and fresh, but seems to be just a prop for a romance that just didn’t have enough sizzle. The whole series could have been so much more. Other readers liked the book. Make sure to check out the reviews of A Heart’s Home on Amazon to decide for yourself — 60% give it a 5-star rating.

Audience: adults.

(Thanks to Thomas Nelson for a review copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Aug 28, 2015 |
This is the sixth and final book in this series, and although I wanted to find out the ending, I didn’t want to leave these dear folks. While reading this last edition, my heart was in my throat, so much sadness, and yet there is much to look forward to, with God’s help.
This is when we find out if Emmie will honor her friends wishes, and if all including Isaac will survive both the Indians and the harsh Wyoming weather. So many babies are on their way here, and with such conditions, and the solution for saving or not letting the Indians get them, made me cringe.
Pick up this entire series; you will not be disappointed, except that it ends.
I received this book through Litfuse Publicity book tours, and was not required to give a positive review ( )
  alekee | Aug 21, 2015 |

Emmie’s hope for a life with Isaac is overshadowed by a tragic loss at Fort Phil Kearny.

Isaac Liddle is keen to marry Emmie, and she knows she shouldn’t hide her pregnancy from him any longer. But before she can tell him her secret, a widower friend asks the impossible of Emmie: Will she honor her promise to his dead wife by marrying him to care for the orphaned baby?

With the Sioux Wars threatening outside the fort, Emmie’s solemn vow threatens her happiness from within. Will she honor a promise sure to break her heart—and Isaac’s? Or is there another way to find a home for her heart?

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Jul 2015 00:30:24 -0400)

Colleen Coble is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,201,526 books! | Top bar: Always visible