Little Girls by Ronald Malfi

Little Girls (2015)

by Ronald Malfi

Great ghost story, amazing end ( )
  joanalau | Sep 6, 2017 |
A really good read that surrounds with a creepy atmospheric vibe during the book. Wouldn’t call it fast paced but it was interesting enough to make it a page turner. Malfi does a great job of sprinkling a mystery/haunting element that keeps you guessing until the end. Characters are really fleshed out and interesting. 4.5 Stars. ( )
  DChurch71 | Mar 14, 2016 |
I’ve been wanting to read Little Girls since I first heard of it. I was expecting it to be a good read, and it is. It was really good. I didn’t want to put it down and probably would have read it in one day if I hadn’t been sick.

I think the only complaint I had with this book would be the kids. They all seemed younger than they were supposed to be. Susan is supposed to be ten but at times she seemed like she was six or seven. Same with a little girl at the park. She is supposed to be about seven or eight, but she came off more like three or four. Or maybe I’m just crazy. I’m just going off of myself when I was a kid and my cousins kids. That’s my only problem with this book. The one thing that bothered me.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I might actually re-read it someday. ( )
1 vote TheBookHoarder | Mar 8, 2016 |
Thank you to Kensington for a review copy of Little Girls. I was not compensated for my review, and my opinion is my honest opinion.

I loved every second of my time with Little Girls by Ronald Malfi and am happy to get a little well deserved early buzz going for this amazing thriller with a paranormal twist.
As many of you know, I hate regurgitating the synopsis in my review, and because of the nature of this book, giving more detail about the storyline itself would risk robbing you of the entire experience as a reader of Little Girls. Please take the time to read the synopsis along with my thoughts as this is probably going to be the most evasive review in the history of my reviews. Trust me on this. It's better this way.
Is Laurie losing her mind, or are the things that haunt her of a more evil nature? The beautiful thing here is that every time I thought I had the answer, it wouldn't be long before I was questioning everything that I thought I knew.
The pacing allowed me to savor the thrill factor as the details of Laurie's distant past and present moved right along while the secrets of her childhood were slowly drawn out to deliver a wonderfully complete story.
There was a moment very near the end while I was in one of those moments where I thought that I had it figured out and I found myself momentarily disappointed, but then...
The final details were disclosed, I had the most wonderful "holy shit" moment, and I closed the book feeling completely satisfied and creeped out to the core. ( )
  StephLaymon | Jan 26, 2016 |
This book grabbed me right from the first page and didn't let go. A horrifying look at the secrets we all suppress and the damage the can do when they finally surface. A ghost story worthy of being called gothic. ( )
  DYanishevsky | Dec 27, 2015 |

Inheriting her childhood home after her distant father's suicide, Laurie notices disturbing manifestations in the house and sees an uncanny resemblance between her daughter's new friend and her own childhood playmate.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,425,041 books! | Top bar: Always visible