Double Life (Razia, #1)

Double Life (Razia, #1)

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byreneenmeland

No tags.

So I admit it. I am normally not into anything-in-space kinds of books. But after reading this one, I am now more than willing to expand my horizons. Getting me to investigate a whole new genre is an accomplishment in of itself, besides the fact that it was an excellent book.

Like most of us, Lyssa Peate has a day job that she's not the biggest fan of. But it affords her the opportunity to leave for extended periods of time to be a pirate bounty hunter without anyone getting suspicious. One she becomes Razia, the ass-kicking wise-crackery ensues. And I was more than happy to be along for the ride.

Between all the bar fights and planet excavations, the book brings up an issue that most females have dealt with during the majority of their lives: self-acceptance. Razia tries to run from the Lyssa side of herself, only to realize that one cannot exist without the other, and one enriches the other instead of hindering her. Familial acceptance is another story, but Razia seems to figure out that as long as you love yourself, the other part can pretty much go jump off a cliff.

Excited for the next book, and to hopefully see the love interest situation blossom with Sage Teon. Would have loved to see a few flashbacks of Razia as a young person on Tauron's ship. That part didn't necessarily need to be developed more, just a personal thing that I found interesting. Can't wait to see more from Evans! ( )
  reneenmeland | Apr 30, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,189,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible