Happily Ever After: Companion to the…

Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series (The Selection…

by Kiera Cass

These are great extra scenes and snippets from the series, including several novellas offering close glimpses of multiple characters. Unlike many companion books, this one actually adds a great deal more to the reading experience of the series it's paired with, as well as a lot more information about the story and characters. So, it's definitely worth it. ( )
  TiffanyAK | Nov 14, 2017 |
I honestly love the selection series. This book just made me love it even more. Kiera Cass brings us the different perspectives of the main characters in the selection series. in this book we see how Maxon loved America fight from the start. How Aspen learned to love again (also how Lucy found her knight in shining armor). I also liked how we get to see how the rest of the Elite live after "The One". Although I would of liked more description on the Elites love lives after, it was still well written. This book series is amazing overall. I would recommend this to anyone who is a true romantic and whoever loves happily ever afters. ( )
  kjazm.4 | Oct 10, 2017 |
I liked this collection of short stories, but I was kind of underwhelmed. There's a lot of repetition (i.e. a scene that we've already read in the series, but from a different character's perspective, so the dialogue is the same, though the thoughts are different.) It was interesting and gave some more insight into the characters, and I did really enjoy the illustrations, but I'm not as eager to own this one as I am the rest of the series.

Unfortunately, I can't rate each individual story because it's been too long since I read it, but I remember that I preferred the stories about the more minor characters to the stories about Maxon and Aspen (because of the aforementioned repetition). I liked learning more about Amberly, Celeste, and America's maids.

[SERIES SPOILER]
On the other hand, I want to know more about Clarkson after reading Amberly's story. He was decent and relatively charming in "Happily Ever After". It's so hard to imagine him turning into the man in "The Selection", who cheats on his wife and beats his son. ( )
  danaenicole | May 24, 2017 |
Ah, my guilty pleasure series. In this collection of novellas and short stories we get to explore America's present and future from the perspective of friends, enemies, and loved ones. I think the two parts dedicated to Celeste were my favorite. I wish we'd gotten to see this level of dimension to her in the series-proper. ( )
  benuathanasia | Jan 26, 2017 |
You will read a series of short stories about different characters from The Selection series.

If you read The Selection series, you’ll enjoy this as well. I wasn’t sure I was interested and then decided to listen to it. There are several stories all told from different characters. The first is Maxim’s mother--what her selection was like. We always wondered how his mother could be so nice while his father was such a violent and difficult person, so this story makes them more realistic. Another story deals with Maxim and how his life changed when the Selection began. There’s a short story with Aspen’s point of view as well as one with Lucy’s point of view. Celeste also has her own short story. Marlee’s story is included as well. The last story is Maxim and America after they’ve been married for a couple of years.

I didn’t give the stories in order except for the first one. I honestly didn’t think I’d be interested, but it really was intriguing to see the overall story from another character’s point of view. I did find several endings abrupt. The stories focus on characters with America, not the new ones with America’s daughter. I read this book last of all the series, so I had a hard time remembering events from the first book, so I recommend reading this after The One. ( )
  acargile | Jan 4, 2017 |

Meet Prince Maxon before he fell in love with America, and a girl named Amberly before she became queen. See the Selection through the eyes of a guard who watched his first love drift away and a girl who fell for a boy who wasn’t the prince. This gorgeous collection features four novellas from the captivating world of Kiera Cass’s #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series—two of which appear here in print for the first time—as well as exclusive, never-before-seen bonus content.

This series companion is a must-have for any Selection fan, and includes:

The Prince The Guard The Queen (in print for the first time) The Favorite (in print for the first time) Exclusive new scenes from The Selection, The Elite, and The One Introductions to each novella from Kiera Cass A map of Illéa and other illustrations And more!

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:53:36 -0400)

Meet Prince Maxon before he fell in love with America, and a girl named Amberly before she became queen. See the Selection through the eyes of a guard who watched his first love drift away and a girl who fell for a boy who wasn't the prince. Features four novellas from the world of Kiera Cass's Selection series, two of which appear here in print for the first time. Additional content includes new scenes from The Selection, The Elite, and The One; introductions to each novella from Kiera Cass; a map of Illéa and other illustrations.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,743,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible