A Dream Called Marilyn by Mercedes King

A Dream Called Marilyn

by Mercedes King

631,268,033 (3)None

It's the summer of 1962 and psychiatrist Dr. Charles Campbell is preparing to meet a new patient; Marilyn Monroe. He has been hired by the studio to handle and subdue the star. What he didn't expect was how Marilyn would change his world. He can't help not be smitten by the star, but her secrets and her affair with a powerful man makes him realize that her life could be in danger,

Marilyn Monroe's death never seizes to intrigue the world. Was it an accidental overdose, suicide or was she murdered? Mercedes Kings fictional take on Marilyn's death was an interesting version. Of course Dr. Charles Campbell is just a fictional character just like the rest of the story, but I enjoyed this fiction version of the last weeks of Marilyn's life.

It's a short book, it never really gets deep, but I found that Mercedes King has managed to write a really good story, despite the shortness of the book and the ending was a bit surprising must I say. I like that I couldn't predict everything that happened.

Marilyn Monroe has left her mark on the world and after reading this book am I a bit tempted to read some more books about her or perhaps watch a film with her. I just love Some Like it Hot!

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review!

Review also posted on A Bookaholic Swede and It's a Mad Mad World ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
I received a free kindle copy of A Dream Called Marilyn by Mercedes King, published by Triumph Productions, from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

I gave this well-researched book about Marilyn Monroe almost five stars. Sadly there were typos & a few grammatical errors that cost it one star.

It was interesting & well fleshed out. It was an almost believable account of what might have happened at the end of her life. Her interactions with Dr. Charlie were well done & the dialogue was impressive.

"What good is the truth, doc? People don't want truth. It ends up being too painful. Messy."

Link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Called-Marilyn-Mercedes-King-ebook/dp/B00SWH0DB4 ( )
  Carolyn.Injoy-Life | Jul 28, 2015 |

In the summer of 1962, nothing could prepare Dr. Charles Campbell for his first meeting with new client, Marilyn Monroe. A reputable L.A. psychiatrist, he’s been hired by a studio executive to treat and subdue the star, no matter what it takes. Although he’s been warned about Ms. Monroe’s unpredictability, she’s not what he expected. Gaining Marilyn’s trust means crossing doctor-patient boundaries, and trying to separate fact from Hollywood-fed-rumors proves destructive to both Charles’ career and his personal life. As Marilyn shares her secrets and threatens to go public with information that could destroy President Kennedy’s administration, Charles’ world turns upside-down. He sinks deeper into her troubles than he should, but Charles becomes determined to help her, even though it means endangering Marilyn’s life and risking his own.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 28 Jul 2015 15:23:56 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,634,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible