The Blender Girl Smoothies: 100 Gluten-Free,…

The Blender Girl Smoothies: 100 Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Paleo-Friendly…

by Tess Masters

This is such a cool book! To start with, the book itself is pretty to look at and easy to navigate through.

As for the recipes, each one gives simple instructions, along with optional boosters for nutrition, weight loss, etc. There are beautiful quality color photos to go with each recipe. And nutritional information for each smoothie is listed at the bottom of the page.

Some of these recipes immediately sound yummy, while others not so much. But even those taste surprisingly good! This book has a whole lot of smoothie recipes, and I haven't even tried half yet, but I'm enjoying each experience.

*I was provided with a free copy by the publisher, via Blogging For Books, in exchange for my honest review.* ( )
  Darcia | Sep 24, 2015 |
My brother bought me a Nutribullet for my birthday this July; the same time I received this beautiful smoothie book in the mail. Great timing! Since I received this book, I’ve had over a dozen of these recipes (my husband and I try to have one every morning with breakfast).

I appreciate the layout of this book; especially the pictures since many cookbooks don’t include a picture for each recipe. This book however shares an image of an elegant glass of wonderfulness for each individual recipe. This is extremely helpful, especially for someone like me who doesn’t like the thicker drinks. I loved being able to flip through the recipes and pick what looked book for the day. It’s almost like having the clothing app from Clueless, only for smoothies.

My favorite recipes are: Pear it With Blue – a great combination of oranges, pears, and blueberries; Pink Cooler – watermelon and strawberries; and Orange O – oranges, peaches, and coconut nectar. These recipes take a few minutes to throw together….I mean blend and if you by fruit on sale at the grocery story, it’s easy to find a few recipes to throw together at the last minute.

I’d recommend this to anyone who enjoys smoothies and doesn’t mind saving a buck by blending their own. This book has been used dozens of times in the last month and will remain in my kitchen within arm’s reach. ( )
  BethlynnD | Aug 6, 2015 |
A good choice for smoothie beginners. In the beginning of the book is some useful info on ingredients and how to select and store them, how to properly add these items, and potential substitutions. The middle section includes about 100 recipes (all with pictures) and the nutritional value of each. The recipes are easy, although some ingredients are hard to find in more rural areas. A few recipes also add sweetener (although these are natural ones). There's more helpful info at the end too.

Net Galley Feedback ( )
  LibStaff2 | May 13, 2015 |

"A beautiful collection of vegan smoothies from powerhouse blogger The Blender Girl, featuring photographs, flavor boosters, and nutritional add-ons for every recipe,"--Amazon.com.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,603,722 books! | Top bar: Always visible