Under My Skin: A Stark Novel (Stark…

Under My Skin: A Stark Novel (Stark International)

by J. Kenner

Warning: This review may contain spoilers for earlier books in the series. I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 3.5 stars / 5 flames.

So we start of this installment of the Stark International Trilogy where On My Knees left off with that huge cliffhanger... Robert Cabot Reed has been murdered and Jackson is a suspect. It was one of those "dunh dunh dunh" moments for sure. I really enjoyed this plot conflict, even though I had an idea who did it, it was still interesting to see play out. Same with the resort sabotage... I knew that guy was up to no good!

The relationship between Sylvia and Jackson continues to grow, and they are fully leaning on each other now instead of running out to indulge in their cure-all vices of fighting and fornicating. So I was happy that we got some character growth in that regard. I really like Jackson and Sylvia together. I loved that we had such a great back story on both of them, and I had a strong emotional connection from the get go. However, at this point they are still using sex as a crutch and it just got to be too much for me. Every time something happened, they had to stop and bang it out. Don't get me wrong, I think J. Kenner writes intimate scenes really well, makes them extremely steamy, and I definitely want to see them in the book. I just found myself skimming a lot of them here to get back to the plot conflict.

I have enjoyed this series quite a bit, I only wish I would have finished the original Stark Trilogy before reading this spinoff. This last book especially has some spoilers for the first series. But that's my own fault so I'm not going to complain too much.

If you are a fan of those super steamy romances, I think you will enjoy this series. The characters are more mature than what you will get in most NA books, but you still have that sultryness that became popular with FSOG. J. Kenner is a good writer and I look forward to more from her in the future. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |

Jackson Steele and Sylvia Brooks are back in the powerful finale of a provocative, sizzling-hot new erotic trilogy set in the world of J. Kenner’s beloved Stark novels: Release Me, Claim Me, and Complete Me.

He’s the only man I’ve ever loved, and the one man I can’t bear to lose.

Jackson Steele is my light in this world. Charismatic, bold, and always in control, he knows what he wants and how to get it—and absolutely nothing stands in his way. His hold on me is magnetic, his claim on me complete, his kiss my ultimate escape.

We both harbor dark secrets that could tear our lives apart. Though we’ve tried to bury our pasts, there are certain people who won’t let us forget. But the closer danger comes, the brighter the fire between us burns—our ecstasy consuming and soothing us both.

There’s no telling what lies ahead, but I know that Jackson never gives in without a fight. I’d do anything he wants to keep him safe, give him anything he needs. And now that we’re in deep, nothing can make me run.

Under My Skin is intended for mature audiences.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:20:17 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible