No Place to Hide: A Novel (Hidden Identity)…

No Place to Hide: A Novel (Hidden Identity)

by Lynette Eason

No Place to Hide
Lynette Eason

Book Summary: In the latest novel in her Hidden Identity series, Lynette Eason throws listeners right into the action from the very beginning, propelling them along a dangerous road and asking the provocative question of how far we'd be willing to go if we were up against a wall. It's not every day you see your childhood friend and one-time crush on national news. Jackie Sellers just wishes that it were under different circumstances. She can't believe that Ian Lockwood is wanted in connection with a terrorist plot, and she's determined to find him and help him clear his name. But she's not the only one looking. The FBI wants him captured. The bad guys want him dead. Ian just wants to stay alive long enough to save thousands of innocent lives.

Review: This is one heart pounding book. From the start it has my head spinning and my heart pounding. Is it questionable to try to save and old friend from a treason charge. False charges or real is the question. Jackie was convinced Ian was innocent. Loved seeing how they were hounded and in the midst of all this they have no idea how they were being tracked. Some of the timing seemed off, but the tension and mystery was pulse pounding. Lynette Eason books have taught me to expect anything. I think this book is no exception. I was sitting at the edge of my seat to the end. I will admit that I have put the book down just to take a breath!
I would like to thank Net Galley and Revell for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. ( )
  Robin661 | Sep 11, 2015 |
If you are looking for suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat to devour the book’s pages like your life depends on it, look no further than No Place to Hide by award-winning author Lynette Eason. Toss in a sweet romance, characters who feel like friends, and gentle nudges of faith and you have the recipe for the perfect read.

It’s not every day you see your childhood friend and onetime crush on national news. It’s also not every day that your reunion with said childhood friend debuts with you breaking into his house and defending yourself against his martial arts skills. For Jackie Sellers and Ian Lockwood, this is just the beginning of the nonstop action. Ian has been named in connection with a terrorist plot, and Jackie believes his promise of innocence. Using her skills as an operative with Operation Refuge, Jackie helps Ian run for his life. In the stay-up-all-night-until-you-finish-this pages to follow, the reunited pair dodge not only the FBI on their heels but also the bad guys who want to make sure Ian doesn’t survive long enough to tell the right people what he knows. And while they flee, Ian and Jackie must also scramble to decode the email that got Ian into this mess in the first place – but will they figure it out in time to stop the terrorist’s plot?

I loved getting acquainted with the Operation Refuge folks again, friends we met in the first two books of the Hidden Identity series – No One To Trust & Nowhere To Turn. Especially Ron. I adore Ron, and I’m so very glad we got more of his back story in this final book of the series. (*wail* Why does it have to be over??? I don’t like saying goodbye!) No Place To Hide may make more sense in parts if you read the other two books first, but it isn’t absolutely necessary – it can certainly be read as a stand-alone.

As I’ve said before, I’m a sucker for stories about best friends who fall in love. I’ve been married to mine for 15 years :) Jackie and Ian have a history that stretches all the way back to childhood, and it was such a delight to watch them together even in the high stress situations. The depth of their affection for each other left room for humor and comfort and shared strength in the midst of life being turned upside down. And Ian… *dreamy sigh*

(I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review.)

Read more of my review here: https://readingismysuperpower.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/no-place-to-hide/ ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
This is actually the third book in a series. I have not read the other two books yet. Even so, I did not feel lost or confused by reading this book out of order. This is my first Christian Romance Suspense novel as well as, my first Lynette Eason book. It was a fun read. I plan to read some of her other books.
The story starts off so quickly. It took me some time to catch up and figure out what was going on. Set mostly in South Carolina and New York, this book keeps you guessing and trying to figure out clues.
Jackie Sellers sees her childhood friend on television, wanted in connection with a terrorist plot. She is an operative with Operation Refuge. After several years of trying to heal from personal trauma Jackie is on the team protecting those who cannot do it themselves. Jackie decides to find Ian to learn why he’s wanted and to help him clear his name, but the FBI wants to find him too. Jackie soon finds herself wanted as Ian's accomplice. She and Ian must run to stay ahead of everyone else, to prove their innocence, and to stop the bad guys from carrying out their plans.
Jackie is mad at God throughout most of the novel because she feels God let her husband be killed. Some of the anger directed at God is really from her own feelings of guilt. Ian is a believer and gently tries to redirect her toward faith in God. The Christian witness in the novel is not pushy, but it is there and comes to the surface in the end. I recommend it to anyone interested in Christian Suspense.
A great big thank you to Revell for sending me a complimentary copy of No Place to Hide in exchange for this honest review. ( )
  JamieFuentes | Jun 9, 2015 |
Another great mystery in the Hidden Identity series. I have enjoyed the first two books in this series and this book was worth waiting for. While you don't have to have read the first two, it was nice to follow up on some of the previous characters. Jackie finds herself in an unusual position of believing in her childhood friend Ian. They have to evade begin noticed as they work to clear his name.
They work together to evade those who wand Ian dead for what he knows and trying to keep him free long enough to figure out what is really going on. I didn't see the ending coming and has to work hard to not turn ahead to find out how it would all come out.
I received this book free from the publisher to review. ( )
  polarmath | May 15, 2015 |
Jackie Sellers is shocked when her childhood friend, Ian Lockwood, is accused of terrorism. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, she rushes to his home only to find the FBI isn't the only one chasing him. Her connections allow her to assist Ian in evading capture and searching for evidence to prove his innocence. But time is running out as the smallpox virus has been stolen and someone plans to release it very soon. Will Ian and Jackie prevent disaster and rekindle their relationship? Read more in Lynette Eason's No Place to Hide.

No Place to Hide is the third book in Lynette Eason's Hidden Identity Series and works fine as a stand-alone novel. I have not read the previous two books, but did not feel that I was missing any pertinent information.

No Place to Hide met my expectations with a suspense-filled plot and a tad of romance. Jackie and Ian's relationship developed quite nicely, but the focus was more on what was happening and less on romantic moments or overtures. This is not necessarily a bad thing as perhaps too much romance would have slowed things down. The story kept me guessing about who was behind the smallpox release and I liked that the individual scenes seemed original. I haven't read a lot of suspense novels so I can't be completely sure of it's originality, but it wasn't overly predictable to me. I recommend No Place to Hide by Lynette Eason to fans of inspirational suspense novels.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  Sneezybee23 | May 15, 2015 |

It's not every day you see your childhood friend and one-time crush on national news. Jackie Sellers just wishes it were under different circumstances. She can't believe that Ian Lockwood is wanted in connection with a terrorist plot, and she's determined to find him and help him clear his name. But she's not the only one looking. The FBI wants him captured. The bad guys want him dead. Ian just wants to stay alive long enough to save thousands of innocent lives.

Lynette Eason throws readers right into the action from page one, propelling them along a dangerous road and asking the provocative question of how far we'd be willing to go if we were up against a wall.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 02 Jul 2015 03:53:23 -0400)

"It's not every day you see your childhood friend and onetime crush on national news. Jackie Sellers just wishes it were under different circumstances. She can't believe that Ian Lockwood is wanted in connection with a terrorist plot, and she's determined to find him and help him clear his name. But she's not the only one looking. The FBI wants him captured. The bad guys want him dead. Ian just wants to stay alive long enough to save thousands of innocent lives"--Amazon.com.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,391,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible