Dare to Rock by Carly Phillips

Dare to Rock

by Carly Phillips

Dare to Rock is the sizzling-hot, seventh addition to the Dare to Love series by Carly Phillips. I’ve always loved Phillips’ books, so when given the opportunity to read Dare to Rock for review I jumped on it. A second-chance romance between Avery Dare and Grey Kingston, Dare to Rock has heartfelt romantic scenes, the insanity of the paparazzi, sexy rock stars, and sexual chemistry that is so intense I thought my Kindle was going to melt. As with all the books in the Dare to Love series, it can be read as a standalone. I would, however, recommend reading the books in order to get a complete feel of the Dare family dynamics.

Avery Dare is a professional vlogger/blogger that shares her knowledge of makeup and fashion with the world via social media. She is a very sweet young woman, and a bit naïve. She still suffers from anxiety from the backlash caused from her father’s scandalous past, which makes her a bit of a recluse aside from her close friends and family. Although it seems like she lives her life in the public eye because of her chosen profession as a vlogger, the reality is that Avery prefers to avoid being the center of attention as much as possible.

Grey Kingston is Avery’s first love and her first heartbreak. He left her behind in his search for fame and fortune. Determined to prove his father wrong, Grey sets out to achieve success with his music as a rock star. Contrary to Avery’s beliefs that Grey completely forgot about her, she has never been far from his thoughts. Grey comes back hoping that Avery will give him another chance. He has to overcome Avery’s reluctance of being in the lime light along with her misgivings of trusting him with her heart again. It is immediately clear that the chemistry between the two is still there when they meet again. Grey is not above using the attraction that sparks between them to lure Avery back to him.

Dare to Rock by Carly Phillips is a titillating rock star romance. Jam-packed with gorgeous and engaging characters, family drama, paparazzi, stalkers, and scandals Dare to Rock is a book that is hard to put down once you start it. It is a fun romantic read with a little suspense thrown in that keeps the story moving at a fast pace. I love the Dare family and I can’t wait to read the next book. I’m kind of hoping it will be Tyler’s story. If you have not read the Dare to Love series yet, I highly recommend you do. ( )
  azprettygrl | Aug 4, 2015 |
I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I haven't read any of the novels in this series, but I really enjoyed this individual story! I have a feeling that I will want to start from the beginning and find out how the Dare brothers fell for their loves.

But Gray and Avery are amazing together - even though they are complete opposites. Which just makes it even more awesome when they are together. And the whole situation with the stalker thing was expected, but added enough suspense to keep the reader wondering what was going to happen next.

I loved how Avery took something that was traumatic when she was a kid and kept helping people in need. The prom for the kids in the hospital was an amazing idea. I wish all hospitals will do that!

Really liked this book. So glad I got an eARC and will be looking out for more by Carly Phillips! ( )
  JeracaFite | Jul 30, 2015 |
Dare to Rock is the seventh installment, this series the “Dare to Love” is based on the Dare family. Dare to Rock is a rocker romance, but a bit different than most rock star romances. In this book, it begins with the scene where Avery comes to Grey’s show. Grey wanted Avery at his concert and he wanted to see her again, but when a crazy groupie is all over him despite his efforts to push her away, Avery sees everything and runs away from it and the life he lives. Then it skips to the current time, where Avery and Grey have been living their own lives. Grey has made an effort to keep in touch with Avery, give her unique and special gifts, and wants her back. Avery is afraid, mostly because of her past. She suffers from panic attacks. Avery when she was nine, learned a truth that her father had a affair with another woman and kids and wanted Avery to donate her bone marrow for a sister who had cancer. Avery did so, and took it in stride, but all the press was horrid and she never fully healed, and never confronted her father about her true feelings about the past. We have an additional element in the story…the crazed fan. We see the element of intrigue and danger increase while Avery and Grey are relearning each other and building a new trust again. The sex scenes are plenty, yet sexy and fun.ock/ ( )
  addictofromance | Jul 28, 2015 |

Avery Dare lives a quiet life in Miami as an online fashion/makeup video blogger. She has good friends, a close, large family and if her love life is lacking, she likes it that way. But when she receives a ticket to one of her ex's concerts along with an invitation to meet him back stage, she decides to take the risk … and comes face to face with the reality of his rock star lifestyle - the press, the crowds, and the half naked groupies.

At eighteen, Grey Kingston left everything he knew and loved behind to seek fame and fortune as a rock star, and he found it as the lead guitarist and singer for the band, Tangled Royal. Fans adore him, women throw themselves at him, and he can afford everything he couldn’t growing up. Yet at the height of his career, he’s ready to walk away and return home to a simpler life … and the woman he left behind.

Except moving on isn’t as easy as Grey would like. When Avery is threatened by a stalker, it becomes evident Grey’s fans not only don’t want him to retire, they don’t want Avery in his life either. And Avery isn’t sure she wants the pressures that are part of Grey’s life … but she doesn’t want to lose him again, either. Can their recently renewed love survive the fallout?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:59:45 -0400)

"Avery Dare lives a quiet life in Miami as an online fashion/makeup video blogger. She has good friends, a close, large family and if her love life is lacking, she likes it that way. But when she receives an invitation to one of her ex's concerts along with an invitation to meet him back stage, she decides to take the risk... and comes face to face with the reality of his rock star lifestyle - the press, the crowds, and the half naked groupies. At eighteen, Grey Kingston left everything he knew and loved behind to seek fame and fortune as a rock star, and he found it as the lead guitarist and singer for the band Tangled Royal. Fans adore him, women throw themselves at him, and he can afford everything he couldn't growing up. Yet at the height of his career, he's ready to walk away and return home to a simpler life... and the woman he left behind, if he can convince her to give him another chance."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,538,141 books! | Top bar: Always visible