Sacrati by Kate Sherwood

Sacrati

by Kate Sherwood

192537,190 (3.75)None

Sacrati has a historical feel, but it's also like an alternate reality type read. It's not paranormal or fantasy by my definition. All things that happen are capable of occurring within our real world past, but the Torian society is completely different from anything that has ever happened as far as I know.

Finnvid lives in a more traditional kingdom. He is high-born, younger brother to the king, son of the queen mother. He is expected to be refined, learnéd and above the common folk. He is also required to marry a woman of the same standing.

Theos is from a warring people. He is an elite soldier. His way of life is totally different. Academics have no place, and strength is everything. The women and children life in the city. The men live around the city. Most of the men have sex with each other and travel into the city during certain times to impregnate the women. Everyone is considered equal for the most part in this system, but no one mates for life or marries.

This book has a lot of positives. The storyline is great in my opinion. The politics and social aspects are very well thought out and detailed. I really got into picking sides and choosing alliances. I thought the set up was completely original. The descriptions of how the soldiers lived in the wild was very interesting also.

I did have an issue with the romantic interest. I liked both of the male leads and really pulled for them. Their relationship did not go exactly how I thought it would. I had mixed feelings especially toward the end. It wasn't believable for me.

I enjoyed this novel and plan to check out more from this author. I recommend it to readers who like war plotting and strategy stories.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/05/sacrati-by-kate-sherwood... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

As an elite Sacrati fighter in the mighty Torian military, Theos is blessed with a city full of women who want to bear his children, and a barracks full of men proud to fight at his side and share his bed. He has everything he needs ? until he captures Finnvid on a raid. Finnvid is on a secret mission to prevent the Torian invasion of his homeland Elkat. Being enslaved by Torian soldiers wasn't in his plans. Neither is his horrified fascination with the casual promiscuity of the Sacrati warriors. Men should not lie with other men ? and he should not be so intrigued when they do. He definitely should not be most intrigued by the leader of the soldiers who captured him and plan to invade his home. For Theos, everything would have been easier if the infuriating, lying, bewildering Elkati had never come into his life, but he can't stay away. When betrayal and treachery threaten both their nations, they must work together to stop a war that could destroy their homes forever ? even as they begin to question everything they're fighting for.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,439,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible