Letters from Home: A Wake-up Call for…

Letters from Home: A Wake-up Call for Success and Wealth

by David R. Reiser

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byLittleGreenBookshop

No reviews

Wake up, America (before it's too late!)

Worried about the state of our nation? You're not alone. David and Andrea Reiser, authors of Letters From Home: A Wakeup Call For Success & Wealth, want to restore America to its former glory--and they know just the values that will take us there.

Everywhere you look, from talk shows to the office water cooler to the dinner table, you see people wringing their hands about the state of our nation. No wonder: It feels like we're living through a slow-motion train wreck. Our national debt is out of control. Our politicians are corrupt. Our business leaders are greedy, inept, or both. Our young people are disrepectful and lazy. And a shocking number of citizens are more interested in grabbing entitlements than in working hard to pursue the American Dream.

Okay, these unflattering descriptions don't fit everyone. But if we're honest, we have to admit they do apply to enough citizens to constitute a problem--a big one. And according to David and Andrea Reiser, coauthors of Letters From Home, if we' don't shift our culture back to one that embraces the principles that made our country great, conditions will only worsen.

That's the hope that fueled the writing of Letters From Home, a project that's part cultural treatise and part kick in the pants: for parents, for young people, for influential leaders--really for anyone and everyone who values America and wants to see it restored to its former glory.

Written in the form of letters to the authors' four sons, the book explores 15 basic American virtues that built our country and that foster individual success. Each chapter includes profiles of exceptional "real people"--the authors' wealth management clients, friends, and neighbors--who truly walk the talk.

The authors are proud to contribute 100% of royalties from the publication of this book: 50% will support breast cancer research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (mskcc.org) and FORCE (facingourrisk.org); and the other 50% will help end chidhood hunger in American through Share Our Strength (strength.org).

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:29:53 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,458,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible