Rock Her by Inglath Cooper

Rock Her

by Inglath Cooper

194537,190 (4)1

4-1/2*
Great story of real, honest love--not based on lust like most contemporary novels--in which two people from completely different backgrounds meet each other when they both need a friend. This is love between grown-ups, love that can't be shared until the timing is right. The majority of the story takes place in the Tuscany region of Italy, and does a wonderful job of bringing that area to life. I can't quite put my finger on exactly why this book touched my heart so much, but I really like this one. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Jul 12, 2016 |
A sweet romance written in several points of view. ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
Lizzy has been a stay at home mom for the past twenty years. Her husband is a lawyer, they have a beautiful home, money, nice cars and a lovely daughter who is in college. But the one thing they don't have is a love story. But Lizzy is hoping to change all that with a vacation in Italy. Then unexpectedly, the trip is in trouble, her husband can't make it. He has a major case that has come up. Just like the last time, and the time before that. Well, Lizzy has had enough, so she goes herself. And while in Italy, she meets Ren, rock star extraordinaire. Except Ren doesn't act like the typical rockstar. If anything, he's very laid back and wants to just chill. When Lizzy gets the phone call that her husband has been caught cheating on her, well, Lizzy isn't all that surprised. So her and the rock star head off on an adventure to see the countryside. They become friends and are a big help to each other. Ren is a shoulder to lean on and Lizzy is just a person who doesn't hang on every word he says. Then a terrible tragedy befalls Lizzy and she heads home to deal with that, leaving Ren behind not knowing what will come of their relationship. ( )
  wndy2011 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Ty backs out of an anniversary trip to Italy with Lizzy but she decides to go alone. On the plane she meets Ren, who she does not know is a rock star. She tells him of her plans to travel through Italy and, to get out of his fans' way, he decides to travel with her.

I have a new book boyfriend, Ren. He and Lizzy are a wonderful match. They mesh well. Ty is a jerk! When Lizzy goes without him, it is all her fault when things do not go the way he wants. Ty gets what he deserves.

I like how the story is written from the different points of view of Lizzy, Ren, Ty, and Kylie (Lizzy and Ty's daughter.) I like knowing what each one is feeling and thinking. I do not know how Lizzy stayed with Ty. Blinders were ripped off here for several characters. I was glad I got my happy ending. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Jan 17, 2016 |

Ren Sawyer and Lizzy Harper live completely different lives. He’s a rock star with a secret he can no longer live with. She’s a regular person whose husband stood her up for a long planned anniversary trip. On a flight across the Atlantic headed for Italy, a drunken pity party and untimely turbulence literally drop Lizzy into Ren’s lap. It is the last thing she can imagine ever happening to someone like her. But despite their surface differences, they discover an undeniable pull between them. A pull that leads them both to remember who they had once been before letting themselves be changed by a life they had each chosen. Exploring the streets of Florence and the hills of Tuscany together - two people with seemingly nothing in common - changes them both forever. And what they find in each other is something that might just heal them both.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 04 Aug 2015 07:40:00 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,597,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible