All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble…

All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble Christmas Collection (edition 2015)

by Colleen Coble (Author)

486372,949 (4)1
"All Is Calm Brendan Waddell needs a place to recuperate. Lauren Everman needs a place to hide. It's going to be an unexpectedly romantic Christmas at Bluebird Ranch. All Is Bright A romantic, Christmas wedding at her seaside hotel gives Delilah a chance to shine with her unique gifts. But will her light be snuffed out before the bride and groom say "I do"?"--… (more)
Member:anabernathy
Title:All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble Christmas Collection
Authors:Colleen Coble (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2015), 200 pages

All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble Christmas Collection by Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble has done it again, she keeps me turning the pages until there are no more, and then I can’t wait for her next book.
These are novellas from two of previous book settings, the Bluebird Ranch and Tidewater Inn, and yes we have met some of these characters before, so you are in for a real treat.
There is romance, weddings, and reuniting with old friends, and of course, danger around each corner, and not know where it is coming from. Who or whom would want to kill these sweet people? It takes awhile to find out, and while there are a few hints along the way, you still keep wondering and hoping no one we love will be murdered.
Pick this one up for a time when you want to savor and have a little time for reading, you can read each one in a single sitting, but all can be read alone. Enjoy.
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Thomas Nelson and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Dec 29, 2015 |
A special thank you to Thomas Nelson-Fiction and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Talented storyteller, Colleen Coble delivers two delightful Christmas holiday novellas in one charming book, All is Calm (Lonestar Series) and All is Bright (Hope Beach Series) —packaged with a beautiful holiday cover, to add some spice to your holidays. For fans of both intriguing mystery, and romantic suspense--with holiday settings.

I tend to pick a few Christmas books for the holiday-- with a mix of mystery, romantic suspense, and thrillers, to get you in the mood for the upcoming season. I read the novella back in October; however, with holiday books, I typically wait and post my reviews in December, to keep them fresh in reader’s minds as we approach the season.

All is Bright

As a big Colleen Coble fan, I have read all the books in the Hope Beach Series (highly recommend), --was excited yo catch up with familiar characters at the coastal Tidewater Inn, from previous books included in All is Bright.

Both stories are equally intriguing; however, I probably enjoyed this one more, due the bed and breakfast, the beach setting, the mystery, as well as enjoyed seeing Tom and Delilah finally get together. Even though this is a novella, the suspense and mystery is as captivating as a full length novel. Also a sneak peak for readers of Seagrass Pier (Hope Beach #3) A great story of Elin and Marc.

There are many surprises awaiting for Delilah. Bittersweet, she has to face her fears from the past, in order to move on with her future; while allowing others into her personal life.

As always, Coble writes with vivid descriptions, drawing you into the picturesque setting, with a nice escape to this coastal seaside town for the holidays and an upcoming wedding. In addition, she includes a reader’s guide and discussion questions for both stories.

All is Calm

All is Calm was a great introduction for me, not having read any of the Lonestar Series. Also set in an idyllic setting – a ranch in Texas and a haven for many lost souls. We we meet Lauren, who is trying to escape danger (a witness to a murder). She decides Bluebird Ranch is a perfect choice, especially close to Christmas time.

She had spent a life-changing summer there twelve years ago when she was seventeen. It was a terrific ranch that paired abused children with abused horses. When she was a foster kid, the place had been the one bright spot for her. There was always a place there for a good horse and a hard worker. She grabs Angel, the horse and leaves.

Special Ops, Brendan Waddell always considered the Bluebird Ranch a little piece of heaven, as the Christmas lights welcomes him. He was visiting his old friends - always Uncle Brendan for the children, and offering him some time to recuperate with his injury.

Both Brendan and Lauren are looking for a safe haven. He is spending time with an old friend; however, he senses Lauren is running from something. He sees the darkness in her eyes and suffering. He has to find out what is going on. Being in the law enforcement business he has a way of finding out people’s past.

Soon he discovers Dustin’s death and the events surrounding Lauren's situation. Lauren just wanted to get Angel away. However, the two hit it off with their own tragedies, for a budding Christmas romance at Bluebird Ranch. A mystery is uncovered with a happy ending.

Highly recommend for holiday gifts, or your own guilty reading (double) the pleasure! If you have not read Colleen Coble, an author to follow, and one to add to your reading list. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Dec 5, 2015 |
All Is Calm - All is Bright are two wonderful Christmas romantic suspense stories that are in connection with the Lonestar Series and Hope Beach Series though you can easily enjoy them as stand alone reads.

All Is Calm
Lauren Everman seeks refuge at the Bluebird Ranch after she witnesses a murder but also to save a horse. As a foster child who once experienced Bluebird Ranch first hand, she knows what a sweet haven it is. Lauren offers to help Rick and Allie with the horses and also with kids who want to learn to ride. Carly, a little five year who's shy and quiet, tugs at Lauren's heart. Brendan Waddell finds himself at Bluebird Ranch over holidays to rest and recover from a gunshot wound. When Brendan and Lauren meet the attraction is strong. As they work together to find the truth as well as give Carly a very special Christmas, the attraction turns to something a little deeper. The killer, however, just might not allow Lauren to celebrate Christmas.
All Is Calm is a Christmas story Colleen Coble style with mystery, suspense and of course romance! You are immediately drawn into the story and don't want to put it down until the very end. I loved getting to know Lauren, Brendan and little Carly, all of whom were fully fleshed out. You'll find lots of great chemistry between Brendan and Lauren which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was such fun to return to the ranch and catch up with Rick and Allie again. A message of faith and trust in God is woven throughout the story, which I appreciated. Though this is a novella, to me it didn't feel that way. Other than wanting the story to continue, I felt completely satisfied. So, if you're looking for a quick Christmas read with mystery, suspense and romance, I recommend you head on over to the Bluebird Ranch, where All Is Calm...or is it??

All Is Bright
Delilah Carter is manager of Tidewater Inn and loves it. She is planning a Christmas wedding for her friends and goes out to gather some supplies. On the way back to the Inn she's run off the road and her car plunges into the ocean. She escapes with her life but then begins receiving strange phone calls. Sheriff Tom Bourne has always liked Delilah and feels a strong need to protect her. He also wants to grant her a special Christmas surprise. But first he must figure out who's behind the attack and threats.
All Is Bright is a great Christmas romantic suspense. Once you pick it up, you'll have a hard time putting it down. You'll feel very at home visiting Tidewater Inn. Romance and danger both scent the salt water air. As always, with Colleen's books, you'll find wonderful chemistry between Tom and Delilah. You'll also get caught up with the other Hope Beach folks. There is always an underlying faith message in this authors stories but it's not overpowering or preachy. Though this is a novella, you'll feel completely satisfied. So, you like romantic suspense and want something quick to read! I recommend a visit to Tidewater Inn, where All Is Bright...or is it??

*This complimentary copy was provided by Thomas Nelson through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

For more information about this book or other books by Colleen Coble, I recommend you visit her website at For information about this book or other books by Colleen Coble, I recommend you visit her website site at http://colleencoble.com/ ( )
  love2readnovels | Dec 4, 2015 |
I do love mysteries and when you put that with a Christmas theme , you have a great book. I loved the two stories that were packed in this book. The characters are well developed and fun to get to know. This author has always written great stories that intrigue me and makes me stay up late into the night to finish the last chapter. This book is no exception.

In "All Is Calm" we are introduced to Lauren Everman. She has a passion for horses and when she suspects one is going to be hurt she leaves late at night and hides out at a ranch she went to as a child. Why did Lauren stay at the ranch when she was a child? What secrets does she have? It seems that Brendan Waddell has questions for Lauren. He has found out that she has been accused of a horrible crime and he doesn't fill comfortable with her on the ranch. The ranch is a safe place for foster children and he wants them protected . Will he believe Lauren's story ? Can they work together to solve this mystery? The story moves along at a fast pace, and will bring you a great ending filled with holiday cheer.

In "All is Bright" we find Delilah Carter. A very giving woman who is the manager of Tidewater Inn. Delilah is always willing to go the extra mile to mile others. She seems to live a quiet and comfortable life, but that will soon change. As she is driving one day she is suddenly run off the road. Who would want to hurt Delilah? She turns to the Sheriff, Tom Bourne to help her find the person who would intentionally run her off the road. There is one small problem with asking for help from the Sheriff. Delilah is not sure she can trust him. Will she be able to tell him about her past? Is there a connection to her past and the person who ran her off the road? Get ready for a quick ride as this mystery is filled with excitement and intrigue.

The stories are good and sometimes a bit rushed but overall a great read for mystery fans. I did notice a theme in both stories thst I found interesting. Both women had secrets from their past and it was hard for them to trust others. How many of us have done the same thing? We keep secrets so we won't get hurt or judged and when these women opened up they found peace and people willing to help. I loved that part of the stories. I'm not sure if the author wrote the stories with that underlying message, but it sure did make me think of how we push people away at times to protect ourselves from unseen harm.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild for an honest review. ( )
  Harley0326 | Nov 22, 2015 |
All Is Calm, All Is Bright by Colleen Coble is full of holiday romance along with a very good dash of suspense and intrigue. Well worth the reading!

Just imagine ... slipping off to your favorite reading spot to read this book while sipping your favorite holiday beverage and enjoying some of those delicious cookies that are calling your name ... Pure relaxation!

Thank you to Nelson Thomas Publishing and Netgalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  mrsrenee | Nov 1, 2015 |
Delilah Carter's breath plumed in the frosty air as she cranked up the heater and turned her gray Toyota away from Tidewater Inn.

Colleen Coble is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,146,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible