All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble…

All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble Christmas Collection (edition 2015)

by Colleen Coble (Author)

Member:anabernathy
Title:All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble Christmas Collection
Authors:Colleen Coble (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2015), 200 pages

All Is Calm, All Is Bright: A Colleen Coble Christmas Collection by Colleen Coble

I really enjoyed this Christmas Romance set of 2 books. I received this set as a gift and voluntarily chose to review it. I averaged this rating to 4.7*. These who done it's kept me reading late into the night, to finish it. Both hero's were protective by nature. It's a good thing too. ( )
  NancyLuebke | Jan 23, 2018 |
I love stories that involve Inns and have been to the North Carolina's north shore so was able to imagine myself there. A quick little mystery. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Nov 9, 2017 |
Colleen Coble has done it again, she keeps me turning the pages until there are no more, and then I can’t wait for her next book.
These are novellas from two of previous book settings, the Bluebird Ranch and Tidewater Inn, and yes we have met some of these characters before, so you are in for a real treat.
There is romance, weddings, and reuniting with old friends, and of course, danger around each corner, and not know where it is coming from. Who or whom would want to kill these sweet people? It takes awhile to find out, and while there are a few hints along the way, you still keep wondering and hoping no one we love will be murdered.
Pick this one up for a time when you want to savor and have a little time for reading, you can read each one in a single sitting, but all can be read alone. Enjoy.
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Thomas Nelson and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Dec 29, 2015 |
A special thank you to Thomas Nelson-Fiction and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Talented storyteller, Colleen Coble delivers two delightful Christmas holiday novellas in one charming book, All is Calm (Lonestar Series) and All is Bright (Hope Beach Series) —packaged with a beautiful holiday cover, to add some spice to your holidays. For fans of both intriguing mystery, and romantic suspense--with holiday settings.

I tend to pick a few Christmas books for the holiday-- with a mix of mystery, romantic suspense, and thrillers, to get you in the mood for the upcoming season. I read the novella back in October; however, with holiday books, I typically wait and post my reviews in December, to keep them fresh in reader’s minds as we approach the season.

All is Bright

As a big Colleen Coble fan, I have read all the books in the Hope Beach Series (highly recommend), --was excited yo catch up with familiar characters at the coastal Tidewater Inn, from previous books included in All is Bright.

Both stories are equally intriguing; however, I probably enjoyed this one more, due the bed and breakfast, the beach setting, the mystery, as well as enjoyed seeing Tom and Delilah finally get together. Even though this is a novella, the suspense and mystery is as captivating as a full length novel. Also a sneak peak for readers of Seagrass Pier (Hope Beach #3) A great story of Elin and Marc.

There are many surprises awaiting for Delilah. Bittersweet, she has to face her fears from the past, in order to move on with her future; while allowing others into her personal life.

As always, Coble writes with vivid descriptions, drawing you into the picturesque setting, with a nice escape to this coastal seaside town for the holidays and an upcoming wedding. In addition, she includes a reader’s guide and discussion questions for both stories.

All is Calm

All is Calm was a great introduction for me, not having read any of the Lonestar Series. Also set in an idyllic setting – a ranch in Texas and a haven for many lost souls. We we meet Lauren, who is trying to escape danger (a witness to a murder). She decides Bluebird Ranch is a perfect choice, especially close to Christmas time.

She had spent a life-changing summer there twelve years ago when she was seventeen. It was a terrific ranch that paired abused children with abused horses. When she was a foster kid, the place had been the one bright spot for her. There was always a place there for a good horse and a hard worker. She grabs Angel, the horse and leaves.

Special Ops, Brendan Waddell always considered the Bluebird Ranch a little piece of heaven, as the Christmas lights welcomes him. He was visiting his old friends - always Uncle Brendan for the children, and offering him some time to recuperate with his injury.

Both Brendan and Lauren are looking for a safe haven. He is spending time with an old friend; however, he senses Lauren is running from something. He sees the darkness in her eyes and suffering. He has to find out what is going on. Being in the law enforcement business he has a way of finding out people’s past.

Soon he discovers Dustin’s death and the events surrounding Lauren's situation. Lauren just wanted to get Angel away. However, the two hit it off with their own tragedies, for a budding Christmas romance at Bluebird Ranch. A mystery is uncovered with a happy ending.

Highly recommend for holiday gifts, or your own guilty reading (double) the pleasure! If you have not read Colleen Coble, an author to follow, and one to add to your reading list. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Dec 5, 2015 |
All Is Calm - All is Bright are two wonderful Christmas romantic suspense stories that are in connection with the Lonestar Series and Hope Beach Series though you can easily enjoy them as stand alone reads.

All Is Calm
Lauren Everman seeks refuge at the Bluebird Ranch after she witnesses a murder but also to save a horse. As a foster child who once experienced Bluebird Ranch first hand, she knows what a sweet haven it is. Lauren offers to help Rick and Allie with the horses and also with kids who want to learn to ride. Carly, a little five year who's shy and quiet, tugs at Lauren's heart. Brendan Waddell finds himself at Bluebird Ranch over holidays to rest and recover from a gunshot wound. When Brendan and Lauren meet the attraction is strong. As they work together to find the truth as well as give Carly a very special Christmas, the attraction turns to something a little deeper. The killer, however, just might not allow Lauren to celebrate Christmas.
All Is Calm is a Christmas story Colleen Coble style with mystery, suspense and of course romance! You are immediately drawn into the story and don't want to put it down until the very end. I loved getting to know Lauren, Brendan and little Carly, all of whom were fully fleshed out. You'll find lots of great chemistry between Brendan and Lauren which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was such fun to return to the ranch and catch up with Rick and Allie again. A message of faith and trust in God is woven throughout the story, which I appreciated. Though this is a novella, to me it didn't feel that way. Other than wanting the story to continue, I felt completely satisfied. So, if you're looking for a quick Christmas read with mystery, suspense and romance, I recommend you head on over to the Bluebird Ranch, where All Is Calm...or is it??

All Is Bright
Delilah Carter is manager of Tidewater Inn and loves it. She is planning a Christmas wedding for her friends and goes out to gather some supplies. On the way back to the Inn she's run off the road and her car plunges into the ocean. She escapes with her life but then begins receiving strange phone calls. Sheriff Tom Bourne has always liked Delilah and feels a strong need to protect her. He also wants to grant her a special Christmas surprise. But first he must figure out who's behind the attack and threats.
All Is Bright is a great Christmas romantic suspense. Once you pick it up, you'll have a hard time putting it down. You'll feel very at home visiting Tidewater Inn. Romance and danger both scent the salt water air. As always, with Colleen's books, you'll find wonderful chemistry between Tom and Delilah. You'll also get caught up with the other Hope Beach folks. There is always an underlying faith message in this authors stories but it's not overpowering or preachy. Though this is a novella, you'll feel completely satisfied. So, you like romantic suspense and want something quick to read! I recommend a visit to Tidewater Inn, where All Is Bright...or is it??

*This complimentary copy was provided by Thomas Nelson through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

For more information about this book or other books by Colleen Coble, I recommend you visit her website at For information about this book or other books by Colleen Coble, I recommend you visit her website site at http://colleencoble.com/ ( )
  love2readnovels | Dec 4, 2015 |
Delilah Carter's breath plumed in the frosty air as she cranked up the heater and turned her gray Toyota away from Tidewater Inn.

All Is Calm

Brendan Waddell needs a place to recuperate. Lauren Everman needs a place to hide. It’s going to be an unexpectedly romantic Christmas at Bluebird Ranch.

Brendan Waddell has always considered Bluebird Ranch a little piece of heaven: an idyllic ranch that pairs abused children with abused horses, run by one of his old Marine buddies. Now, recovering from an on-the-job injury, Brendan thinks the ranch is the perfect place to spend Christmas healing up.

When Lauren Everman was a seventeen-year-old foster kid, Bluebird Ranch was the safest place she knew. Now it’s the perfect hideout for a woman on the run. As the witness to a murder, Lauren needs somewhere to lie low, and her skill with horses means she’ll be able to lend a hand with the troubled kids at Bluebird—without answering too many questions.

Lauren’s rich hair, high cheekbones, and dark eyes immediately get Brendan’s attention—but so does her secretive behavior. This Special Ops Intel man knows a woman on the run when he sees one, and he’s not about to let her put Bluebird Ranch at risk.

But as Brendan and Lauren get to know each other, their suspicions evaporate and romance starts to sizzle. But this would-be couple has more to worry about than each other—there’s a killer on the loose who wants Lauren kept quiet.

All Is Bright

A romantic, Christmas wedding at her seaside hotel gives Delilah a chance to shine with her unique gifts. But will her light be snuffed out before the bride and groom say “I do”?

As manager of the Tidewater Inn, Delilah Carter has been planning a spectacular Christmas wedding for her friends at the grand hotel overlooking the ocean. While picking up still more twinkly lights and some last-minute groceries for the reception dinner, a huge truck runs her off the freezing, wet roads into the dark night. Her car stops just short of an enormous tree and the truck speeds off into the night. Delilah escapes with her life and has almost convinced herself the whole thing was an accident, but then she begins to receive threatening phone calls. With the wedding just hours away, she’s distracted and anxious. Then Sheriff Tom Bourne stops by the inn and volunteers to help.

Tom has always had a soft spot for Delilah, and he’s determined to protect her. But he is pulled away by a bizarre Christmas stunt that has the neighborhood reeling, and Delilah is attacked again.

Will Delilah have to cancel the Christmas wedding at Tidewater Inn? And will Tom’s protection be enough to save Delilah from the shadowy figure looming in the background?

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 11 Jul 2015 21:54:47 -0400)

"All Is Calm Brendan Waddell needs a place to recuperate. Lauren Everman needs a place to hide. It's going to be an unexpectedly romantic Christmas at Bluebird Ranch. All Is Bright A romantic, Christmas wedding at her seaside hotel gives Delilah a chance to shine with her unique gifts. But will her light be snuffed out before the bride and groom say "I do"?"--… (more)

Colleen Coble is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,572,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible