The Spring Begins by Danice Allen

The Spring Begins

by Danice Allen

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byChandra-of-Red

SENSUAL EXPLICITNESS: Kissing; thoughts of sex but not in a distasteful way (more feelings for how one feels towards the other); no profanity; no sexual code words

GENRE: Historical Romance

SETTING: 1814, Leys Castle near Inverness, Scotland

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: LETITIA WEBSTER: 21 yrs old; "extremely" attractive; unstructured; has a sense of humor.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: ADAM McALLISTER, Viscount Blair: hates not being punctual; widower; strict.

SYNOPSIS: Her parents have ruined her status in life. She left every position as a Governess that she has ever had due to unwanted advances by men in the household. But, she arrives at this home and he understands why she has left so many job.

WHAT I LIKED: Although an unhappy widower for 2 years, even the servants see his attraction to her.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: Dissapointed that the 1st kiss happened so soon. ( )
  Chandra-of-Red | May 3, 2015 |
"And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover,
Blossom by blossom the spring begins."
---Swinburne, "A Vision of Spring"
Adam McAllister, Viscount Blair, was late, and he hated not being punctual above just about any other imperfection he might be plagued with on any given day.  There simply was no excuse for it, barring, of course, the occasional blizzard or hail storm that might understandably impede his progress.  But today....
I'm not strict at all.  I've found that it's much easier to teach the children if they are comfortable with me and aren't always thinking up some way to discompose me, such as with a frog in my bed or some such thing, you know.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,536,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible