Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders) by Cate…

Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders)

by Cate Cameron

831,035,133 (4.75)None

"5 out of 5 stars!! This novel reels you in with crazy squirrels than hooks you with a romance that is intensely sweet. When Tyler and Karen meet, their lives are stacked against them. As their relationship grows, they decide what they really want for themselves and what they are willing to do to help accomplish their goals.

I was riveted by this dramatic YA novel."

Read more of my review and THREE TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/05/idolizing-in-corrigan-falls-ra... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
Amazing! This is a great YA read about two teens facing serious pressure and trouble at home. The characters are fantastic and the twists and turns in the storyline make this one great read! Loved the way the author dealt with a lot of the issues the H/h are faced with. I highly recommend this one.

In a serious hockey town and a family that is counting on him, the pressure to perform well falls squarely on Tyler's shoulders. Karen Webber is new to town and doesn't know a thing about hockey so Tyler's going to have to work a bit harder to get her attention.
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders #1) by Cate Cameron

After her mother’s death, Karen Webber, moves in with her father and his family. OHL hockey player, Tyler MacDonald, is being pressured by his father and agent. The only thing keeping Karen and Tyler sane is each other.

I loved this story! Cate Cameron created a realistic and heartwarming story that I adored.

My heart went out to poor Karen. After her mother’s death, she relocates from Toronto to the small town of Corrigan Falls, where everyone knows everything about everyone. She moves in with her step father and his family. Not an easy task since she was a result of her father’s infidelity. She has a lot to cope with. Fortunately, she is rescued from an evil squirrel by cute hockey player, Tyler MacDonald (yes, I said squirrel – it is priceless), and they form a friendship that keeps them balanced. Of course, things are not that simple and there are some struggles along the way.

Tyler is captain of the Corrigan Falls Raiders. He is a consistent and smart hockey player. He is realistic about getting into the pros and is feeling a lot of pressure from his dad and agent, both who are total jerks. A lot of people are interested in Tyler because of his hockey talent and the possibility of him going pro. He values his friendship with Karen because she likes him for him and not his potential career.

I really ended up liking Keren’s step mother, Natalie. She is tough but fair. She is a forgiving and good person.

I truly enjoyed this story. It made me laugh, cry, and smile. It is believable and heartwarming.

There was a sneak peek of chapter one Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders #2) at the end of the book. It is Tyler’s friend, Chris Winslow's story. After reading the preview, I am anxiously waiting the next novel, if the entire story is like the first chapter, it will be amazing.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | May 18, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,290,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible