Stranded by Nathan Huffaker

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byrhonda1111

No tags.

5 STARS

This is a good LDS action, suspense novel. It definitely preaches LDS beliefs but it is just part of the story. The main characters are two missionaries in Kazakhstan. Another character is the Mission President of Kazakhstan.

President Howard Russell of the Kazakhstan Astana Mission received a call in the middle of night telling him to get his missionaries out of the country they were in danger. He started making calls right then.

Elder Johnson was from Texas his Russian was coming along with a strong accent. He was really positive.
Elder Schofield was at the end of his mission. He was good in talking Russian

Elder Johnson and Schofield had to get off the train because of left behind passport and their train blew up. President Russell thought they were dead.

The Elders were suspected by the Police as the terrorists who blew the train. The Mafia wanted them dead because they could finger the bomber. The Elders could not get ahold of anyone with there phone and bags blown up on the train. They needed to get to the US Embassy in Astana before it closed in a few days.

This is exciting with the two missionaries trying to get help but every time someone is blowing things up. Elder Johnson never stops trying to teach the gospel along the journey to those he comes in contact with. Elder Schofield keeps growing his faith along the way.

There is a lot of people willing to help the Elders along the way. I don't know if I would help two young men that the police wanted as bombers. It would be scary with bombs going off all over and the army taking over the country.

One of the policeman that works on catching terrorists Michael had met the missionaries the day before the bombing and was given the Book of Mormon. He just wanted to learn about their beliefs to see if they were a danger or not.

I did not put the book down until I had finished the story. I would read more from Nathan Huffaker in the future.

I was given Stranded by Cedar Fort so that I could give a honest book review and be part of Stranded blog tour. ( )
  rhonda1111 | May 4, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,902,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible