The Ultimatum by Dick Wolf

The Ultimatum

by Dick Wolf

I received a free copy of The Ultimatum from Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.

Dick Wolf's The Ultimatum is the third in a series featuring Detective Jeremy Fisk but can be read as a stand-alone. The savvy detective teams up professionally and personally with New York Times reporter Chay Maryland to hunt down a killer who is shooting a person every day until Verlyn Meritt, who has released sensitive information to Wikileaks, is released from prison. The story line is very contemporary and the use of the drones as a weapon intriguing but I felt the book fell short of being the suspenseful thriller it promised to be. There were far too many acronyms and boring techno talk for my taste. I felt this to be distracting and unnecessary and I skimmed through some of these sections. I would have liked to have seen a little more character development and a lot more edge of your seat action. ( )
  kremsa | Jun 30, 2015 |

When a leaker named Verlyn Merritt releases sensitive documents from the NYPD Intelligence Division to WikiLeaks, some of the deadliest criminals have access to Detective Jeremy Fisk's unlisted home address. Within hours, three mysterious assailants arrive at his Sutton Place apartment. Who are they and why do they want Fisk dead? With the clock ticking and millions of lives at stake, Fisk and Chay must find the mastermind before he can wreak havoc on a city paralyzed by fear.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,591,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible