Claimed by Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, Book 2)…

Claimed by Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by Karen Chance

Member:vzuloaga
Title:Claimed by Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, Book 2)
Authors:Karen Chance
Info:Roc (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Rating:***

Claimed by Shadow by Karen Chance

English (30)  Italian (1)  All languages (31)
I just can't do it anymore. This series has the potential to be sooo good. But that goodness gets lost in the mix of too much going on and too many unanswered questions. (and me being distracted by the narrator's pronunciation) I really do want to like these books but and though they are not bad in the end I just feel rather "meh" about them. I guess this is just not the series for me and that makes me so sad.

2.5 but rounding up to 3 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

2.5 but rounding up to 3 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 9, 2014 |
ordered from amazon.fr

I'm looking forward to the next book. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
I give up.

I spent a week trying to listen to this book, and had to keep returning to previous chapters because I had tuned it out.

This book is boring boring boring, made worse by a narrator with a monotonous voice.

It is one battle after another, again and again. I finally tried to cut to the end and couldn't even manage to find out how it ended; I just could not listen to it long enough to find out.

Not imaginative, not compelling, not entertaining, not gripping.

I would recommend this book only to SERIOUS followers of the author or the series; I can't imagine anyone else getting through to stultifying dullness.

MissJessie | Oct 16, 2013 |
RATING: barely 3 stars.

Okay this series just isn't doing it for me (lol). No really. The author sets a plotline at the beginning and then instead of a linear story we get huge conversations/ info-dump moments interlaced with fast and furious action just as if the author remembered suddenly that ah! I have a story to get to, can't waste any more time with chitchat. Plus all the action seems kind of meaningless because most of the times it doesn't even advance the story that much (SPOILER - like the scene at Casanova's with the bucket of cow entrails - yuck). Then to top it off, the ending is always disappointing. And some of the tasks set out at the beginning are never completed.

Still, this one was a little better than the first. And since I've bought the first three books and the first in the author's other series I suppose I best read them all and get them out of the way... :p ( )
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
Any day that starts off in a demon-filled bar in a casino designed to look like Hell isn't likely to turn out well.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451461525, Mass Market Paperback)

Clairvoyant Cassie Plamer has inherited new magical powers-including the ability to travel through time. But it's a whole lot of responsibility she'd rather not have. Now she's the most popular girl in town, as an assortment of vamps, fey, and mages try to convince, force, or seduce her-and her magic-over to their side. But one particular master vampire didn't ask what Cassie wanted before putting a claim on her. He had a spell cast that binds her to him, and now she doesn't know if what she feels for him is real-or imagined...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:54 -0400)

A powerful clairvoyant, Cassandra Palmer, while warding off her enemies, discovers that an arrogant master vampire has put a spell on her that warns off any would-be suitors and wonders if the attraction between them is real or the result of magic.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0451461525, 0143204661

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,101,373 books! | Top bar: Always visible