How to Swallow a Pig: Step-by-Step Advice…

How to Swallow a Pig: Step-by-Step Advice from the Animal Kingdom

by Steve Jenkins

Great book, really cute and I would definitely use it in my classroom. ( )
  epatt14 | Sep 3, 2017 |
This book provides the readers with step-by-step advice on how to do things like animals do. It provides steps on how to trap fish like a humpback whale, build a dam like a beaver, disguise your self like an octopus, spin a web like a spider, catch a meal like a crocodile, how to swallow a pig like a python, as well as many others. The end of the book has information on each of the animals talked about in the book. This is an informative book for children about animals and their behaviors and why and how they do the things they do.
  jocelynjanae6 | Mar 23, 2017 |
A book about interesting and unique behaviors within the animal kingdom written as a guide book. The how-to aspect of the book brings a unique perspective that makes the facts humorous ('start out in a line with thousands of ants') and allows children a new perspective on the lives of animals. The back of the book contains a paragraph of additional facts about each animal. Nice cut paper illustrations. ( )
  Dipodomy | Dec 2, 2016 |
In this book it shows how many different types of animals eat their food, create their homes, and other useful tricks.

This book is a fun way to teach children about nature. It uses humor and facts to keep children interested. As an adult reader I even learned a lot about the animal kingdom. The illustrations had beautiful cut and paste art.
  Lizjensen | Dec 1, 2016 |
On YouTube, all the rage are in the How To videos. You want to know how something is done? Look it up on youtube. This book is the book form of YouTube for Animals. This book has a ton of step by step directions humans could use to do things similar to the animals inside this book. For example, they could find some fish, tell their friends, slap the surface, swim and circles, and gulp just like whales. Obviously humans cannot do these things, but it's fun to look at it in a way that is personal. It helps me answer, "What would I have to do to eat like a whale?"
I would use this book in my classroom to mentor writing step by step directions on how to do something they are familiar with, or I could use it to mentor writing a scientific process (step by step directions).
I would recommend this book! ( )
  Bcruz14 | Nov 13, 2016 |

In the latest eye-catching escape into the kingdom of Animalia, Steve Jenkins and Robin Page reveal the skills animals use to survive in the wild in an imaginative and humorous how-to format. With step-by-step instructions, readers learn about specific behaviors; how to catch thousands of fish like a humpback whale or how to sew up a nest like a tailorbird. This fascinating and fun illustrated nonfiction melds science, art, biology, and the environment together in a detailed and well-researched book about animals who live and survive in our world today.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 10:38:03 -0400)

"How to Swallow a Pig is a clever and whimsical nonfiction book about animal behavior disguised as a How-to/Advice book by the bestselling team of Steve Jenkins and Robin Page."--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,424,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible