The Paranormal Conspiracy: The Truth about…

The Paranormal Conspiracy: The Truth about Ghosts, Aliens and Mysterious…

by Timothy J. Dailey

197537,190 (3)None

The Paranormal Conspiracy: The Truth about Ghosts, Aliens and Mysterious Beings
By Timothy Dailey

As a Christian I see our world being obsessed and overrun with the occult and paranormal. It is seen in music, television shows, books, and even children’s cartoons. The sad part is how widely accepted it is by even those who profess to know Christ. Because the supernatural seems to have no other explanation, ridiculous and impossible stories are believed. I know these things are but a smokescreen to Satan’s greater and darker agenda in this world.
My desire to read this book was twofold. First, to be able to share the truth based on God’s Word about mysterious occurrences with those who are deceived.
This is not a big book, but it is packed with documented and thoroughly researched material. Mr. Dailey certainly has all his ducks in a row! He pulls the curtain back and exposes these facades for what they are: deception and lies. He also sounds the alarm that this is not innocent fun and games but can result in serious harm to Christians and non-believers alike.
Even though I have never believed in these peculiar events others report, I was curious for an explanation. The author systematically and plainly lays out the subterfuge of each type paranormal incident. He even covers some things I had never thought of. I boils down to the fact there is no evidence to prove any of them to be real. A unique book needed in a time when few are addressing the onslaught of satanic ideas and falsehoods. An excellent resource!
I received this book for free from Baker Publishing Group for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  Mizroady | Oct 27, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through the LibraryThing early review giveaway. The author talks about various paranormal subjects: Bigfoot, aliens, channeling spirits, etc. The point of the book is that all paranormal occurrences are of demonic origin, but there's not a lot of reference to this until the end of the book. I would have liked to have seen this brought into each chapter/subject. Even so, I've always enjoyed reading about the paranormal and liked his use of common sense when debunking aliens and Bigfoot. Whether he intended it or not, I found some humor in what he had to say and had never looked at things from that perspective before. ( )
  JWeyenberg | Jul 26, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
One would have thought that a book on the paranormal would be more interesting. I kept reading hoping it was just a slow start, but I was wrong---it was just very badly written, & extremely boring.
As a previous reviewer had written: "This was one of the hardest books to get through I've ever read..."
I dreaded writing a review for this book it is so bad.

The writer jumps all over the place on the subjects,and did I fall asleep & miss the part on teenage vampires? It would not surprise me if I had.
The author makes hits main point at the very last: basically, he believes all paranormal to be evil, and if you invoke the name of God it will disappear immediately. Too bad the memory of having read this will not disappear that easily.
  TheCelticSelkie | Jul 3, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through the librarything.com early review giveaway. This was one of the hardest books to get through I've ever read, I had to force myself to keep reading. It was confusing. The stories were so long and as I was reading I was thinking what is he trying to say and show. They did not connect. It was written more like a research paper. There was plenty of information but it was not in everyday language, and I had to really concentrate and it was exhausting. I didn't enjoy reading this book at all.
I read an advance copy so maybe the final copy will be more connected and clear. ( )
1 vote GRavan | Jun 25, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
As an avid reader of all things "paranormal", I was very excited when I received my copy of Dr. Timothy Dailey's "The Paranormal Conspiracy". It piqued my interests that the book purported to refute the ideas associated with parapsychology, and I hoped that scientific data and rational thoughts and arguments would be applied to try and convince the reader that belief in the paranormal could be countered with opposing views and ideas. Unfortunately, this book failed on almost every level.

There are so many problems that I have with this book that it is difficult for me to determine where to start. Perhaps it's best if I begin with Dailey's adamant conviction that his arguments are valid (and thus inherently true) simply because he is a Christian. The author begins by stating that the purpose of "The Paranormal Conspiracy" is to expose the Paranormal Conspiracy, which he defines as "the diabolic plot to overthrow the Judeo-Christian worldview and plunge the world into darkness and chaos . . . " (13). This argumentative statement wouldn't be so unseemly if the author actually managed to back up this claim with evidence and support; instead, he simply holds fast to his belief of the superiority of his faith and looks down upon the creeds and ideologies of other faiths, especially Eastern mysticism and philosophies. As an example of his views of other beliefs, Dailey cites the example of Carlos Castaneda, an American anthropologist who studied shamanism; Dailey writes that "the bizarre experiences related by Castaneda in his books strain credulity" (20), openly admonishing the belief system of Castaneda, and refuting his experiences because they are, in the eyes of Dailey, unbelievable. I find this style of writing utterly reprehensible, because it seeks to diminish and reject the beliefs of others based solely on the fact that they don't coalesce with the subjective ideas of the author. If different beliefs and experiences are to be assailed by a writer with strongly held beliefs of his or her own, then it is imperative that the opposing ideologies and beliefs are countered with facts and information, and not disregarded outright simply because they do not blend with the author's worldview.

I will admit that "The Paranormal Conspiracy" gets a bit better in the third chapter; Dailey talks about the prevalent belief in a creature known as Sasquatch (or Bigfoot) and goes on to denounce the idea that such a creature actually exists by citing scientific facts and information. While I myself do not think Dailey provides enough information to adequately disprove the myth that Sasquatch exists outright, I do have to commend him on his reliance on scientific data and appropriate research in order to validate his argument. I will also concede to the fact that Dailey has done an appropriate amount of research (although I don't believe that he is overly well-informed on anything that he's writing about); he has included in the back of the book pages of notes and sources, which prove that he at least made the attempt to conduct some research on paranormal topics before writing his book.

The chapter on the refutation of the existence of Sasquatch is the book's best section (and that is certainly not saying much). Dailey goes on to write about the experiences of the English explorer Percy Harrison Fawcett, which comprises two chapters of the entire book, and he also writes on the experiences of Canadian journalist and author Joe Fisher. Both men's stories validate and bolster Dailey's argument, but the relating of the two narratives of Fawcett and Fisher constitute just under 30% of the "The Paranormal Conspiracy! For me, if thirty percent of the book's argument is based on the examples of two men whose beliefs in the paranormal ended up being detrimental, then Dailey is really grasping at straws here; it's almost as if he had a difficult time finding examples and narratives that would substantiate his denunciation of paranormal entities, so he had to excessively elongate the two stories in order to have enough material to include in this book.

I could go on and on about all the negative aspects of "The Paranormal Conspiracy", but I don't think that is necessary. This book is not good; it fails to adequately refute beliefs of the paranormal with accurate and relevant information, the author frustratingly insists on relying on his subjective views to reject other beliefs and ideologies (just because he believes something, that doesn't make it true!), and there isn't enough material included that provides a definitive denunciation of paranormal views and credences. For anyone who is looking for a book that adequately disproves the theories associated with parapsychology, look somewhere else, because you won't find it in "The Paranormal Conspiracy". I do not recommend this book to anyone, regardless whether they are believers or not.

2/5 ( )
  jdr857 | Jun 14, 2015 |

Teenage vampires. UFO sightings. Alien invasions. Ghost stories. The zombie apocalypse.

You don't have to look far to see that today's pop culture is becoming increasingly dominated by paranormal beings. Topics that once belonged to the fringes of the occult world have suddenly found their way onto every television channel and magazine cover.

What does this mean for Christians? How do we respond to a culture saturated with the paranormal?

In this compelling book, Dr. Timothy Dailey explores the counterfeit spirituality of the paranormal world. By confronting these phenomena head-on, Dailey exposes the dark truth behind these tales.

"MythBusters meets This Present Darkness in this gripping new book."--Peter Sprigg, senior fellow for policy studies, Family Research Council, Washington, D.C.

In a world that fears an uncertain future, Dailey offers hope: a way back to the one true source of spiritual connection. The only one that can satisfy our souls.
"You will be surprised. Well written and well worth reading!"--C. Fred Dickason, Th.D., professor emeritus, former chair of theology, Moody Bible Institute

"Dailey has taken on a difficult but very important subject and he has succeeded! Read the book, folks. Read the book."--Jim Valentine, director, Christian Apologetics: Research and Information Service

"A well-documented examination and a powerful refutation of this whole dangerous movement."--Walter A. Elwell, Ph.D., professor emeritus, biblical and theological studies, Wheaton College

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 19:34:37 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Timothy J. Dailey's book The Paranormal Conspiracy: The Truth about Ghosts, Aliens and Mysterious Beings was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Chosen Books

An edition of this book was published by Chosen Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible