I.O.U. Dead: A Keno Kalder Mystery (Rapid…

I.O.U. Dead: A Keno Kalder Mystery (Rapid Reads)

by Michelle Wan

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as a giveaway through Librarything Early Reviewers. Keno Kalder is a young bill collector who suddenly finds himself in way over his head when he tries to collect from the wrong skip. A really quick, fun read and a character that I look forward to reading more of in the future. ( )
  TracyCampbell | Dec 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was an exciting, fast-paced crime story that was accessible for new readers. The characters were believable and in some cases, relatable. The plots moved along at a steady pace, without feeling too rushed. I look forward to more books featuring Keno. ( )
  LoveOfMuffins4820 | Aug 10, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A quick read about Keno who is a rent collector who runs into a serial killer. Keno and his partner, Jacob, try to profit from this by attempting to blackmail the killer instead of turning him into the police. Along the way they have to, not only protect themselves, but also their families and loved ones. They solve the crime and decide to start their own crime solving company including Keno's girlfriend. ( )
  CathyShelton | Aug 4, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is the first in a new series about Keno Kalder. Here he and his partner, working as rent collectors, stumble across the serial killer The Hammer's third victim and Keno saw him running out the back door recognizing who it might be! Part of Orca's Rapid Read series with low reading levels aimed at adult readers perfect for ESL, Adult Literacy, reluctant readers or just anyone needing a quick read. This one started off with a bit too much "lingo" for my tastes, both related to the job and the narrator's age of 22. However, once the story got going, I found it an enjoyable little mystery. You know who did it right away so it's not really a mystery but more of a chase. Will they catch him before someone else gets killed? Well-written and, needless to say, action-packed. Because of the action and the shortness of the book one might think character suffers, yet Wan has done a good job here as well. There are three main characters, who will continue on with the series, and she has spent most of her development on the main title character who narrates the story. Many adults in the intended audience will relate with him as illiteracy is a setback he deals with. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jul 12, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Michelle Wan introduces us to a new character named Keno.
Keno is a rent collector along with his partner stumble upon a murder. The killer runs right past him. Keno knows who it is and they decide to blackmail the killer instead of going to the police.
I recommend this book to all who enjoy a good mystery. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. ( )
  therealjim | Jul 5, 2015 |
My name is Keno, and like my name, my life is a lottery.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Michelle Wan's book IOU Dead: A Keno Kalder Mystery was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,451,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible