Hold Me Until Midnight by Christina Phillips

Hold Me Until Midnight

by Christina Phillips

333338,203 (4)None

Excellent read! Loved the characters of Scarlett and Jackson, and even though the opposites attract storyline isn't anything new, I thought the author did a great job of bringing new life to it! Scarlett needs a date to her father's wedding to avoid being set up with every money hungry bachelor around. She hires Jackson Grayson as a bodyguard/escort to take her to the event. What she didn't bargain on was the intense attraction or the amazing passion they shared during their one night together. Can they find common ground to build on?? You will want to grab a copy of this one and find out. I highly recommend it! ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
This was my first time reading Ms. Phillips' work and I can't wait to read more! The characters are very likable and the banter and chemistry between them is wonderful. The storyline is steamy and captivating. I couldn't stop reading once I got started. I was a little confused by the jump in time at the beginning but it was easy to overlook once I got further into the story.

I was really hoping we would get to read about Scarlett's tea with Jackson's gran. I also would have liked to have seen a little more interaction between Scarlett and her father before the end. But, overall, I really enjoyed this book.

ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  blsfan68 | Jun 9, 2015 |
I liked this book. It was a fun fast read and very steamy. Jackson was a great character, I really liked him, he really took his job seriously until he met Scarlett and then he couldn't stick to strict rules about sleeping with his clients, once he did he was lost.
Scarlett didn't have any intention of getting too close to Jackson, she just needed a fake boyfriend for show, that's all, but just one night can't hurt....can it? But they learn that once you start it's hard to stop. Neither wanted a relationship, can it last, they're both from very different backgrounds. A great story with likeable characters. Scarlett was a little weak, I wish she had stood up for herself a bit more, but Jackson had to be my favourite, he knew what he wanted and never mind the differences in their backgrounds, he didn't care.
This is a fast read, and very entertaining. I rate it 5/5 ( )
  JulieD2 | May 4, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,652,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible