Shadow of the Mountain: Exodus by Cliff…

Shadow of the Mountain: Exodus

by Cliff Graham

231459,532 (4)None

Title: Shadow of the Mountain (Exodus Book #1)
Author: Cliff Graham
Website: http://cliffgraham.com/
Pages: 304
Year: 2015
Publisher: Bethany
My rating is 5+ stars out of 5
Simply put the novel was thrilling, exhilarating and tantalizing! Sometimes when reading a work of fiction based on a person referenced in the Bible the story comes up short of any semblance of reality. Here though readers must dig in their heels and travel back to a time when a man named Caleb lived and fought for Yahweh.
There is very little known about Caleb in the Bible, so the author’s book is purely fictionalized as far as how Caleb lived his life before the Exodus. However, the ancient ways and living conditions come through as they should be very realistic, not masking over the brutality that was part of daily life and death in the ancient world.
The one lesson or should I say challenge I came away with is to think less of retirement, awaiting death and more of being an active participant in God’s plan. In the story, Caleb is being sought by his nephew to share his stories even though most of them are included in the sacred writings. Nothing though replaces hearing and reliving history through the voice of the loved one listened to. Here too we are challenged again to take time to hear the stories from the past of tragedy, sorrow, triumph and joy. These stories all had the single purpose of hearing how the Lord worked, changed people and turned something meant to be evil into good for His glory.
I sure hope many take time to read a fresh approach to sharing fictional tales. I couldn’t help but become engrossed in Caleb’s fictional life, envisioning him telling the next generation of what he lived through. I truly look forward to the next installment in this series. Though I am not sure who the main character will be, I truly believe it will again capture my imagination!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/. Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | May 20, 2015 |

Caleb and Joshua Roar to Life in this High-Impact Old Testament Saga

Two men were brave enough to tell the truth about what awaited the Hebrews in Canaan. This is their story. From the slave pits of Egypt to the efforts of an eighty-five-year-old Caleb as he drives out the last of the giants, Shadow of the Mountain is a vivid portrait of two of God's chosen champions, and a meditation on masculine mentorship and the challenges and blessings of growing older.

For the sake of his new God and his loyalty to his friend Joshua, Caleb will not spend his twilight years resting, but taking the battle to the enemies of God's people until his dying breath. From his early days as a mercenary for Pharaoh in Egypt watching the Hebrews suffer under the yoke of slavery, all the way through a desperate fight with giants in the dark forests of the hill country, this is a story filled with epic battles, gritty intensity, and supernatural events that made Graham's Lion of War series a hit. Shadow of the Mountain is sure to ignite a love for the Old Testament in popular culture.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 02 Jul 2015 22:51:00 -0400)

"This story follows the Old Testament biblical heroes Caleb and Joshua, showing their acts of bravery, leadership, and faith from the time of Hebrew slavery in Egypt, their Exodus through the Red Sea, years in the wilderness, and the challenging entry into Canaan"--… (more)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,744,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible