Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner

Who Do You Love

by Jennifer Weiner

4072026,158 (3.63)4
Recently added byErina39, elkiedee, jfaltz

I give this book 3.5 stars. I really loved this long and winding love story. However, I would have felt more comfortable give 4 stars but there were definitely some cliches that I felt the story fell back on, and I was disappointed by this. On the whole I really enjoyed it. ( )
  MicrobeMom | Mar 23, 2018 |
Overall, I liked the character development and the main relationship. The ending was kind of a let down because it seemed like it was just tacked on instead of thoughtfully laid out like the rest of the book.

I liked that there were 2 points of view, and that there were 2 audiobook narrators. The narrators that were chosen, however, weren't that great. It didn't sound like they put much work into it. ( )
  heike6 | Mar 19, 2018 |
Long, slow, plodding. I couldn't wait for it to end.

dcmr | Jul 4, 2017 |
Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner was a great book from the very beginning. I am seldom hooked by the very first chapter, but this book did it. I enjoyed how the book chapters bounced back and forth between Rachel and Andy's story. And I thought it was a very touching story that shows just how unpredictable love can truly be. That being said, the only thing that I was a little disappointed with was the book's ending. I thought that it felt a little rushed to me. It was like going on a long drive with all kinds of hills and curves and scenery and then topping a hill and there sits McDonald's right there in the middle of it - totally unexpected, although appreciated. I can't really go into my thoughts about it without spoiling the ending which I don't want to do, so let me just say that I wish it would have been a little more drawn out and detailed. I wanted there to be more before it ended. Without a doubt this was a wonderful book, don't get me wrong about that, but I wanted to take that scenic route for a little while longer instead of popping the next hill and reaching my destination. I hope that makes sense to someone other than me?? lol Regardless, this was such a great story that you won't want to miss. ( )
  kitchenwitch04 | Oct 24, 2016 |
Just a bit too realistic for my tastes at the moment.

Library copy
  Kaethe | Oct 17, 2016 |
I married Isis on the fifth of May
But I could not hold on to her very long
So I cut off my hair and I rode straight away
For the wild unknown country where I could not go wrong.
--BOB DYLAN, "ISIS"
For Bill
Rachel?" I don't answer.

"From the "hilarious, heartbreaking, and insightful" (The Miami Herald) bestselling author Jennifer Weiner comes a sweeping, modern day fairy tale about first romance and lasting love. When the love you love is the one who got away... Rachel Blum and Andy Landis are just eight years old when they meet late one night in an ER waiting room. Born with a congenital heart defect, Rachel is a veteran of hospitals, and she's intrigued by the boy who shows up all alone with a broken arm. He tells her his name. She tells him a story. After Andy's taken back to a doctor and Rachel's sent back to her bed, they think they'll never see each other again. Rachel grows up wanting for nothing in a fancy Florida suburb, the popular and protected daughter of two doting parents. Andy grows up poor in Philadelphia with a single mom and a rare talent that will let him become one of the best runners of his generation. Over the next three decades, their paths cross in magical and ordinary ways. They make grand plans and dream big dreams as they grow together and apart in starts and stops. Through it all, Andy and Rachel never stop thinking about that night in the hospital waiting room all of those years ago, a chance encounter that changed the course of both of their lives. In this captivating, often witty tale about the bonds between women and men, love and fate, and the truth about happy endings, Jennifer Weiner delivers two of her most memorable characters and a love story you'll never forget"--… (more)

Jennifer Weiner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,738,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible