Willow Brook Road (A Chesapeake Shores…

Willow Brook Road (A Chesapeake Shores Novel)

by Sherryl Woods

The author has amazing stories that give us hope and tells a story that captures your attention throughout the whole book. She has transpires us to different settings that exquisitely described with words. The characters are great and I am never disappointed when I read a book from this author. I always wish soneobe would take notice of her writing and turn at least one of her books into a HallMark movie.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review. ( )
  Harley0326 | Jun 22, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this clean romance. I've given it a 5* rating. I'm just sorry I didn't have more time to read this past week. It had a fairly fast pace and I never knew what was going to happen. I fell in love with the main characters.I'll be reading more of her work. ( )
  NancyLuebke | May 20, 2016 |
I loved this book from beginning to end. I liked reading about Carrie and Sam's ups and downs, not just about them as a couple, but also as single characters.

I also loved the character Bobby. Actually, I loved all the characters, though there were a few times I almost wanted to kick Susie for being a snot.

The amount of family and friends and love in this book is something I really liked. Reading about such a close-knit family, who are a bit nosy, but are also trustworthy and who you know love you more than anything, is something I love to read about.

I liked that we got to see the ups and downs in Carrie and Sam's relationship, it felt real to me. I'm not a fan of books where a couple meets and immediately falls in love and has no problems.

I mean it's nice and all, but way too unrealistic. This book wasn't like that. We got some parts about Sam coping with losing his sister and brother in law.

We got parts about both Carrie and Sam having doubts, about themselves and each other and that's real. No relationship or even friendship for that matter, exists without its flaws.

I like that Carrie and Sam's sister Laurel were able to help Sam get through his grief and to be able to move on with his life.

I also like that Carrie cared so much about Bobby from the get-go. I had a feeling that was gonna be a big plus for her, with Sam.

I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone who loves HEA's. ( )
  Laina_Spaulding | Apr 16, 2016 |
Willow Brook Road is the new book by Sherry Woods, in the Chesapeake Shores Novel. Set in Chesapeake Shores, Carrie Winters is the granddaughter of the founding father, Mike O'Brien. Carrie arrives in town after a bad breakup with a fashion icon in Paris, trying to get her life back on track. Lost and not knowing what she wants to do with her life now, she finds comfort in babysitting for her twin sisters baby. Carrie meets a new residence to town Sam Winslow, who seems to have problems of his own. His sister and brother-in-law have recently died and left him the guardian to his nephew Bobby. Carrie instantly offers to help babysit Bobby, if that will assist Sam in any way. Sam finds it difficult to accept any help, not wanting to take advantage of Carrie. Sam worries that having Bobby depend too much on Carrie will not be a good thing in the long run. As Carrie still uncertain about her future finds a daycare in the next town over hoping to volunteer. She soon becomes very close with the owner, learning the day to day operation of the business. Finding out that the local daycare in Chesapeake Shores, is overcrowded and in dire need of another child care for the children, Carrie finally decides to open a school to help the people of her community. While Carrie begins to follow her dreams, she continues to help Sam with Bobby. Will she find the end happiness to her life with Sam & Bobby, the family she has desired for her entire lives? Author Sherry Woods does a remarkable job bringing to the life the struggles and ambition of Carrie Winters. You delight in her pleasures through the book. Another heartwarming book that I recommend to any Sherry Woods fan. ( )
  JCGirl | Apr 14, 2016 |
I loved this latest addition to the Chesapeake Shores series, as one of the two little girls from the very first book has grown up and finds her own true love. Carrie grew up in Chesapeake Shores, but moved away in search of her own place in the world. After finding out that her boss and the man she thought she loved wasn't what she thought, she has come back home. She's been wallowing in her unhappiness a little bit, filling her time by taking care of the various children in the family. She hasn't decided yet what she is going to do, and is getting tired of the hassle from members of her family, especially her grandfather Mick.

Carrie is definitely going through a rough time, trying to figure out what she wants to do. She knows she wants it to be there, as she has missed her home and family more than she expected. A comment from her cousin Luke gives her food for thought, but she's distracted by the arrival of a handsome but harried looking man.

Sam Winslow is new to Chesapeake Shores, the web tech for the town newspaper. He'd barely arrived in town when he his sister and brother-in-law were killed in an accident, leaving him as guardian of his six year old nephew Bobby. As a formerly foot loose and fancy free bachelor, Sam is feeling overwhelmed by the thought of being an instant father. Dashing in to the pub to grab some take out, leaving Bobby snoozing in the car (though he keeps a close eye on the car while doing it), Sam runs afoul of Carrie. Their initial meeting has sparks flying, with each of them doing some judging of the other. Things get better once they both calm down.

I loved both Carrie and Sam. Carrie has finally reached the point where she is ready to move on with her life. Luke's suggestion finds fertile ground as she realizes that taking care of children is something that she both enjoys and can get passionate about. She knows her family well and realizes that she will have to make sure she has all her ducks in a row before she tells them her plans. I was really impressed with the way she went about her research. It was also very helpful for her that she had Sam to talk to. I felt bad for her when she didn't get the immediate support from her family that she wanted.

I thought Sam was terrific. Even though he had been a carefree bachelor, he didn't hesitate to step up when it came time to take care of Bobby. His fears were real and realistic, as he didn't know anything about kids or what they need. He is used to doing things on his own, so asking for help isn't easy. Even though he makes a few mistakes along the way, he is determined that he and Bobby will be the "team" that they need to get through it. There were some really sweet moments between the two of them as Sam went from nervous uncle to (semi) confident dad.

I loved seeing the relationship develop between Carrie and Sam. There were sparks from the beginning, but neither is ready to begin a relationship. Carrie is still recovering from her last one, and not all that confident in her ability to pick the right man this time. It doesn't help that her family members keep warning her against getting involved with Sam. At the same time, Sam knows that he needs to concentrate on Bobby's needs first. He's drawn to Carrie, but he also isn't so sure that she is going to stay around and doesn't want Bobby to get attached and then hurt. I loved that they became friends first, helping each other out when needed. Even when they admitted that their feelings were growing they tried to keep it private, not wanting to deal with interference from Carrie's well meaning but pesky relatives. I loved seeing them both overcome their fears and take a chance on each other.

As always, the various O'Brien relatives play important parts throughout the book. Mick is always the biggest presence, wanting to direct things the way he thinks they should go. It's always fun to see Megan and Nell find ways to rein him in. Nell had an excellent role in this book as she dispensed love and advice in the form of cooking lessons. She also showed her fair share of O'Brien deviousness when Carrie's ex showed up in Chesapeake Shores. But it was Mack and Susie that had the biggest of the secondary roles. They have had disappointment after disappointment in their quest to adopt, and it has affected Susie very badly. She turns into a real nasty piece of work and I was totally disgusted with her. I thought that Mack and Carrie had an incredible amount of patience with her. She knew she was wrong and would apologize, then turn around and do it again. I did like the way that things went for them at the end. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Jan 31, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778317668, Mass Market Paperback)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods sweeps readers away with the story of a beloved member of the O'Brien family as she claims the life she's always dreamed of

Now that she's home from Europe, a glamorous fashion career behind her and her heart broken, there seem to be far too many people watching to see if she'll live up to the expectations her family has for her.

With her own life in turmoil, is Carrie really ready to take on a new career and a new man? Or is Sam exactly what she needs to create the strong, loving family she's always wanted?

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 08 Aug 2015 22:00:34 -0400)

Spirited, spontaneous Carrie Winters has grown up under the watchful eyes of not only her grandfather Mick O'Brien, but the entire town of Chesapeake Shores. As if that weren't enough pressure, Carrie finds herself drawn to sexy, grief-stricken Sam Winslow, who is yearning for someone to help him raise the nephew who's unexpectedly come into his life after a tragedy.… (more)

Sherryl Woods is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,654 books! | Top bar: Always visible