Resistance Is Futile by Jenny Colgan

Resistance Is Futile

by Jenny Colgan

2010s (1) 2017 (1) adventure (1) aliens (3) Britain (1) British (1) chick lit (1) ebook (1) fantasy (1) fiction (7) geeks (2) humor (3) July (1) Kindle (1) library (1) math (3) novel (2) NYR (1) OML (1) read (1) read in 2015 (2) romance (3) science fiction (8) Scotland (2) sf (5) thriller (1) to-read (4) UK (2) UK Kindle (1) unread (1)

I enjoyed the read. Chick lit meets SF and was quite entertaining. All of the geeks involved were truly maths geeks, even if there were a few too many and at least one could have been eliminated to make things a little less messy.

It's a story of maths, thriller, aliens, kissing and complicated lives and while there were moments that seemed a bit forced, overall it entertained and I liked the story and the characters. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 19, 2017 |
Normally, I like Jenny Colgan's work, but this book seemed totally off the rails. The characters aren't engaging, and the plot's confusing. The only reason I got past page 100 or even finished it was because I'd gotten it on interlibrary loan from England and didn't want to feel I'd wasted the library's money. I read the blurbs calling it funny and romantic, and I can't help but wonder if we both read the same book. ( )
  jvgymnast | Jun 15, 2016 |

The charming, brilliantly funny new novel from the Sunday Times bestselling author Jenny Colgan. Connie's smart. She's funny. But she's only human ...As a high-ranking mathematician in a male-dominated field - with bright red hair - Connie's used to being considered a little unusual. But she's nowhere near as peculiar as Luke, who is recruited to work alongside her on a top-secret code breaking project. Just what is this bizarre sequence they're studying? It isn't a solution to the global energy crisis. It isn't a new wavelength to sell microwave ovens. The numbers are trying to tell them something ...and it seems only Luke knows what. The truth is out there. Will Connie dare to find it? In this whirlwind adventure, Sunday Times bestselling author Jenny Colgan boldly goes where no author has gone before ...'Quirky, funny and romantic, and it doesn't even matter if you don't know what fractals are' Sophie Kinsella 'A riotous cocktail of action, maths geeks, and kissing. I enjoyed every single page. Resistance really is futile' Matt Haig, author of THE HUMANS Jenny Colgan is the author of numerous bestselling novels, including Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe, Little Beach Street Bakery and Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams. As Jenny T. Colgan she has also written Doctor Who tie-in novel Dark Horizons and several Doctor Who short stories.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 10 Jul 2015 17:48:25 -0400)

She's smart. She's funny. But she's only human ...As a high-ranking mathematician in a male-dominated field - with bright red hair - Connie's used to being considered a little unusual. But she's nowhere near as peculiar as Luke, who is recruited to work alongside her on a top-secret code breaking project. Just what is this bizarre sequence they're studying? It isn't a solution to the global energy crisis. It isn't a new wavelength to sell microwave ovens. The numbers are trying to tell them something ...and it seems only Luke knows what. The truth is out there. Will Connie dare to find it? In this whirlwind adventure, Sunday Times bestselling author Jenny Colgan boldly goes where no author has gone before ...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,558,306 books! | Top bar: Always visible