Kingdom From Ashes by Megan Linski

Kingdom From Ashes

by Megan Linski

115820,536 (4)None

I truly enjoyed every moment of this book! Not only was the overall idea of the story spectacular, but I love stories where the female character is empowered regardless of societies beliefs of how she should act. Bennua is such a spit fire of a character, and even though I love romance in stories, I am very happy the romance in Kingdom from Ashes did not take over but was more of an underlining part of the story. I cannot wait to read the second novel and see where Bennua and Zahid are now. I recommend this book and this author!

I received this free copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  kira_anne | Sep 6, 2015 |
I would like to thank Megan Linski for sending me a copy of Kingdom from Ashes for a honest review. I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well written and shaped very well. I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to find out what happens next with these characters. ( )
  harleyqgrayson02 | Aug 25, 2015 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed the book. I loved this book. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters especially Brunna and the Prince. The change in her from his kidnapping her to the closing pages will have you laugh and cheer as she evolves in a fierce Queen watching over her people. Can't wait til the next book to see how this journey will continue. ( )
  thicks | Aug 16, 2015 |
I really want to say that I loved this book, but, alas, I can only say that it was okay. I really enjoyed the plot line and the characters. However, I think the story could have been flushed out more, resulting in a potentially fantastic book. Ultimately, the book as it stands felt incomplete and rushed in the long run. This story has been told before in other forms, but this book definitely had the potential for uniqueness. While I enjoyed it, I was disappointed enough in the fact that this story just seemed to be missing... something... that I can't really say anything about it other than it was okay and that I hope to see the story developed more into the book I know it can be. ( )
  RCW | May 22, 2015 |
Kingdom From Ashes by Megan Linksi was an enjoyable read.

Bennua, a Princess from a repressive, obviously Muslim inspired, desert culture, comes of age through adventure and travel.

It always takes me a chapter or two to adjust to any book written in first person, but I'm glad I did. I can see this book being enjoyable and informative for middle grade to young adult girls.

Megan Linski writes in a clear and, at times, quite beautiful voice, and the end certainly made me smile. Kingdom From Ashes would make an excellent gift for girls 15 & up and is sure to become near and dear to many girls' hearts. ( )
  Skylles | May 17, 2015 |

Princess Bennua is to be married. The daughter of a sultan, her duty is to marry a powerful yet cruel warlord to be her husband, sealing an alliance that will scare the desert of Sahrahn into submission. But the wedding is halted in place when the infamous Raider Prince, king of thieves and leader of the dark city Ashana, threatens to take her city by force. Sacrificing her freedom for her country, Bennua agrees to accompany the Raider Prince on his travels if he leaves her homeland alone. Stolen from her charmed life Bennua begins to learn the truth of what lies beyond the palace walls and the suffering that plagues Sahrahn’s people. Bennua begins to plan her escape, but the more she learns from the thieves the more she finds herself becoming one of the them...all while falling hard for their leader, the Raider Prince himself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 13 Jul 2015 08:11:39 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Megan Linski's book Kingdom From Ashes was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Megan Linski is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible