Murder on the Canadian by Eric Wilson

Murder on the Canadian (1976)

by Eric Wilson

One of my Favourite books! ( )
  Evansens11 | Aug 2, 2010 |
This is a really good story. Dietmar and Tom have some really fun conversations. I think this is a good book for young readers. It is an introduction into the world of wit and sarcasm, it has challenging topics such as physical abuse, deceptive appearances, and the exploitation of the good in people, it has a quick pace, and how can you go wrong with a murder mystery on a train. And guns. It is also cool how Wilson incorporates some mention of the Hardy Boys. Some of the story is underdeveloped; I think Wilson tends to use foil characters a bit too much and when he is finished with them, they don't figure into the plot. But, all in all, I enjoyed the story and I think it is a good book, not only for new readers but for the rest of us. There are 20 books in the series as well, and I am considering reading more for sure. ( )
  jharlton | Feb 18, 2009 |
For Mum and Dad,

with love
The package was ticking.

The agonizing sound of a woman's scream hurls Tom Austen into the middle of a murder plot on board the sleek passenger train, The Canadian. Who is responsible for the death of lovely Catherine Saks? As Tom investigates the strange collection of travellers who share Car 165, he gets closer and closer to the truth...and then, without warning, he is suddenly face-to-face with the killer, and his own life is threatened in the most alarming possible way.

One of a series of mystery, adventure and horror stories. When Tim and Liz Austen travel to visit their grandmother and cousin, little do they know what awaits them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:07 -0400)

Tom Austen, an aspiring detective, unravels a murder mystery while on a three-day transcontinental journey aboard "The Canadian."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,792,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible