Foreign Éclairs by Julie Hyzy

Foreign Éclairs

by Julie Hyzy

While I understand why this series is ending, I have to say I am tremendously disappointed. I have followed Ollie from the very beginning, and this series, set in the White House kitchens, has been one of my favorites. Over time, the books have ranged farther afield, and this last one finds Ollie being pursued by a vengeful terrorist. I enjoyed the books more when they remained centered on Ollie's work and the White House setting. Still, it's a good story.
  Ashley | Mar 16, 2016 |
Married life is as unsettled as before for Ollie and Gav. He's off on a mission and she's trying to stay out of trouble and hire a new chef. But try as she might Ollie can't avoid danger. Mugged on the way home, she is not the only White House staffer having trouble. Peter Sergeant's assistant goes missing and is later found murdered. Secret Service determine that both instances are related and that Ollie is in great danger.

The danger and how the issues revolve around Ollie will keep the reader on the edge of their seat, permanently!

I was so looking forward to this the next in the White House Chef series but when I found out that it was the last in the series, I put off reading it because I didn't want these characters to end.

This was best in the series so Ms. Hyzy has done Ollie and Gav proud by leaving the reader wanting more.

I haven't read any of Ms Hyzy's other series, but now that Ollie and Gav are going into the sunset, I will hopefully finding characters and stories that are as entertaining and as well written.

Well done Julie Hyzy! Your books in this series were tremendous! ( )
  cyderry | Mar 9, 2016 |
Foreign Eclairs is the ninth book in the A White House Chef series.

Another excellent story from Mz. Hzyz. It's possibly the most exciting in this wonderful series

The story starts out with an attempted prison breakout of Farbod Ansari, an Armustan national, that Ollie helped imprison. Gav has been assigned to investigate the attempted breakout, then one evening as Ollie is on her way home, she is accosted with the person only taking her Cellphone. What with the breakout and so little being taken from her, the Secret Service believes the attack was at Ollie and not just a random robbery.

Then when Margaret, the Chief Usher's secretary, is tortured and murder, the Secret Service know that security at the White House has been severely compromised. Then when Gav gets back they plan to go out to dinner at little place they frequently dine at. They are late in leaving for the restaurant and as they are just a block away, an explosion rocks the restaurant. It is soon learned that the bomb went off at the table they had reserved.

There now is now doubt in anybodies mind at the White House that the leader of Arnustan is definitely trying to kill Ollie. Now it is up to Ollie and Gav to decide if they will walk away from the jobs and town they love or let Ollie be the bait to draw these despicable character out into the open.

The book has a very exciting and surprising ending.

As always, another excellently plotted and written story from Mz. Hyzy.

It is with a heavy heart that I say this is the last book in The White House Chef series. I fell in love with the title of the first book, State of the Onion, and have enjoyed all nine of the books immensely.

Delicious recipes are also included in the book ( )
  FredYoder | Jan 4, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425262405, Mass Market Paperback)

White House executive chef Ollie Paras has served plenty of meals to foreign dignitaries from around the world. But someone is ready to serve her an ice-cold dish of revenge...

Things are about to really heat up for Ollie. News of a bombing and attempted breakout at a federal prison reveals that the brother of a terrorist she helped defeat is back with a vengeance. And after she gets mugged on her way home from work, the Secret Service won’t leave her side, fearing she is now a target.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:24:03 -0400)

"Things are about to really heat up for Ollie. News of a bombing and attempted breakout at a federal prison reveals that the brother of a terrorist she helped defeat is back with a vengeance. And after she gets mugged on her way home from work, the Secret Service won't leave her side, fearing she is now a target. When a White House staff member is murdered, officials rush to action over a possible security breach. It may be time for Ollie to trade in her apron for a bullet-proof vest as she becomes part of a bold strategy to make sure this terrorist gets his just desserts..." --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,208,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible