Battlefront: Twilight Company (Star Wars) by…

Battlefront: Twilight Company (Star Wars)

by Alexander Freed

I'll be honest, I'm super not feeling this one at all. DNF @ 103 pages. Maybe I'll try it again later.
  eaduncan | Sep 14, 2017 |
Fun Star Wars book. One of the better ones out of the new canon. ( )
  BenKline | Sep 11, 2016 |
While I have read wonderful books by first time authors, I don’t think I can recall ever having read a better first novel than Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company, by Alexander Freed. The complex plotting, the in-depth cast of characters, the constant action, and the overall authentic Star Wars feel . . . simply amazing. Top-notch!

The more Star Wars books I read, the more common it is to have main, or secondary characters that are stormtroopers. We saw this human-quality with Finn in The Force Awakens. It is an aspect of the saga that I think a lot of people/readers forget, and writers neglect. Freed incorporates a minor character, Thara Nyende (SP 475), in Twilight Company. I would not have minded even more of her story. Perhaps in a future book we will see her again.

Captain Howl runs a team known as Twlight Company, a rag-tag group of Marine-like volunteers who joined the rebellion with hopes of crushing the Empire. After acquiring Governer Everi Chalis, once part of the Empire’s elite, the rebellion sets out on a series of attacks meant to cripple, as well as mislead the Empire.

Namir is in charge of a small team of rebels. Friends. They’ve been through a lot. The challenges ahead are some of the biggest they’ve ever faced. Tough calls need to be made. Not everyone is on board with Chalis’ ideas. Her motives are questionable, and trust among everyone is repeatedly tested.

If Chalis’ plans fail, it means an almost certain death for Twilight Company. Namir must make decisions he knows will leave him exposed in front of suspecting eyes, and must also figure out his own motive before choosing to right things for wrong reasons.

Filled with constant battles against the Empire, twists and unpredictable turns, Alexander Freed has penned a clichéd page turner! As indicated above, this was his first novel, I pray it is not his last. I want more from this guy. I want more Star Wars tales from him, but will absolutely read anything else he writes.

Battlefront: Twilight Company is by far my all-time favorite Star Wars read to date!

Phillip Tomasso
Author of Wizard’s Rise & Wizard’s War
  ptom3 | Aug 7, 2016 |
Nice read. Kinda reminds me of the old Republic Commando books. ( )
  RJ_Bailey | Jul 25, 2016 |
Star Wars fans that are into the military genre will enjoy this book. While personally this is not my favorite style, the novel had some interesting characters and gave a glimpse into the lives of the everyday soldiers during the era of the classic trilogy. While most of novel was from the Rebel's point of view, it also gave perspectives from of a vengeful Imperial defector and a naive Imperial stormtrooper.

We all know what the key players of the Star Wars saga are up to between Empire and Jedi. Twilight Company shows how the Galactic Civil War affects the rest of the galaxy. It adds a weight to the war that we have not really seen before.

I had a few complaints, but they were minor. There were some random flashbacks of the main character scattered throughout the book that I found hard to follow. They didn't really add a lot to the story, and I didn't feel they were adequately concluded. Some major characters die in this book, but they occur off page (off screen?). It was rather disappointing to connect with some of these characters and later on find out they died. I was hoping this would tie into the game, possibly the Battle of Jakku, unfortunately that wasn't the case. Nonetheless it was a good read. ( )
  Porfinicle | Feb 19, 2016 |

Twilight Company (men and women, human and nonhuman--of the Sixty-First Mobile Infantry) gives the Rebel Alliance's hardest-fighting warriors a crucial chance to turn retreat into resurgence as they strike at the ultimate target: the very heart of the Empire's military machine.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible