Star Wars: Before the Awakening by Greg…

Star Wars: Before the Awakening (2015)

by Greg Rucka

Other authors: Phil Noto (Illustrator)

Series: Star Wars, Star Wars: Canon (34 ABY)

Before the Awakening is three short stories focusing on Finn, Rey, and Poe before the events in The Force Awakens take place. I picked this up because I recognized Greg Rucka's name from a few graphic novels I've enjoyed. I enjoyed Poe's story most of all. I felt the other two needed more action and less drama. It was an enjoyable read and gave some background to the new Star Wars characters. ( )
  lwright01 | Mar 23, 2018 |
The Finn story is great for his character development; the Rey story is probably the weakest of the three, with the Poe story easily being the best of the bunch. Altogether a good little collection about the new golden trio. ( )
  eaduncan | Sep 14, 2017 |
This was good, but I think I waited to long after the movie to read it. Not because I have lost interest in the movie but I actually read a lot of what would have been new information for me online.
The stories were definitely also written in more of a YA tone and I was hoping for a more adult tone. That was also on me simply not checking the book thoroughly before hand.
If you haven't been prowling the web for theories or new info this is definitely worth getting, I did enjoy it! Anything that gives me more of these three is an awesome, awesome thing. ( )
  Adilinaria | Aug 11, 2017 |
An excellent anthology of three short stories, each focusing on one of the main characters of the Force Awakens. It really added a lot of depth and background to the characters and was an enjoyable read. ( )
  mcj545 | Mar 14, 2017 |
Good backstories of the characters from The Force Awakens: Stormtrooper FN-2187, Rey, and Poe Dameron.
The only thing that bugged me was when writing out the name of Poe's astromech droid BB-8 it was written as Beebee-Ate. I know, I know, rather nit-picky, but I would have preferred it written Beebee-Eight.
  LisaDillmanWright | Oct 14, 2016 |

Greg Ruckaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Noto, PhilIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Reveals the origins of a doubtful stormtrooper for the First Order called FN-2187, a young scavenger on the desert planet of Jakku who calls herself Rey, and a hotshot Republic pilot named Poe Dameron, before they become involved in the major conflicts disrupting the galaxy.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,316,756 books! | Top bar: Always visible