Dawn of the Algorithm by Yann Rousselot

Dawn of the Algorithm

by Yann Rousselot

521,436,638 (4)None
2015 (1) ebook (1) first-reads (1) poems (1) poetry (1) to-read (1)

Satirical. Quick paced. Funny. Thought provoking. Slightly disturbing but fascinating look at technology, science, and our modern culture. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Yann Rousselot has penned a unique set of poems with Dawn of the Algorithm. I liked the rhythm of the poems as Rousselot voices his thoughts through poetry with a science fiction theme.
In this set of 33 poems, Post-Human Neo-Tokyo, Little Shop of Horrors and Blink Twice for No were among my favorites. Blink Twice for No especially as it is about what he wants to happen after he passes away one day.

The poems all have a raw and edgy, in your face kind of vibe to them. I think these would be great read aloud in front of an audience. There are also drawings pertaining to the poems dispersed throughout the collection. There is a dry humor and sarcasm to these poems that entertained me.
I liked the pop culture references in these works as the author uses televison programs, video games and films as fodder. Another great poem was Knight Rider which is an omage to the television series from the 1980’s.

Overall, this was a nice change of pace for me and I recommend Dawn of the Algorithm to fans of edgy poetry.

Disclaimer: This review is my honest opinion. I did not receive any kind of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. I am under no obligation to write a positive review. I received my free copy of Dawn of the Algorithm by Yann Rousselot via NetGalley.
https://bookwormnai.wordpress.com/2015/05/09/dawn-of-the-algorithm-by-yann-rousselot/ ( )
  bookworm_naida | May 9, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,666,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible