Sophie's Animal Parade by Amy Dixon

Sophie's Animal Parade

by Amy Dixon

411,664,912 (5)None

Sophie's Animal Parade is a cute book about a young child with a great imagination and a lot of creativity. Sophie loved to draw and everything she drew came to life. She draws herself an animal friend and it appears in her room. Soon she has a room full of animals and shoos them all outside. She meets another child outside who says he's a great lion tamer and they begin to become friends. Of course, joining the two friends and their animal friends is a lion that Sophie has drawn for her friend to tame.

I thought this was a lovely book that speaks about friendship and using imagination to bond two children together in play activity. I liked that the activities they were engaged in were physical activities and had nothing to do with the electronic games and toys that are so pervasive in our children's play times these days. The use of imagination almost seems to be a lost art among children. I like how Sophie's Animal Parade encourages the use of imagination in play.

The pictures were clear and realistic. It was easy to tell what the animals were supposed to be. Parents and children could use the drawings to talk about what colour those animals were or talk about relative size and then apply that information to the actual animal and the information would be correct.

I thought that this book would make good story for parents to read to very young children and then for slightly older children to begin reading for themselves. I gave this book 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publisher for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

My complete review is published at Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/05/book-review-sophies-animal-... ( )
  KathrynSvendsen | May 9, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible