Dragons Don't Cry by D'Elen McClain

Dragons Don't Cry

by D'Elen McClain

"4 out of 5 stars! Fans of Ms. McClain will love her newest series, which is a slight spin-off series of her Fang Chronicles, with its charismatic characters and their sarcastic--and slightly devious--ways!"

Read more of this review and three teasers here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2014/04/feasted-on-fire-chronicles-boo... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
I recommend Dragons Don’t Love by D’Elen McClain to anyone who loves fantasy and enjoys some adult situations. The sex scenes are often humorous and I would not label this as erotica.

I love dragons, so when I saw this cover and an opportunity to read Dragons Don’t Love, the story of Bastian and Acasia, I jumped at it.

Hera cursed the dragons after wiping out all but four males. Each will have their chance to find their soul mate, once very hundred years. Her daughter, my sister, was dead because of Drakon, a dragon, but Angelos thought it was wrong punish them all and would do what she could to watch over them.

The claiming brides, women between he ages of seventeen and twenty one, appeared for the dragon to make his choice.

Acasia is now on of them.

When the dragon came, Acasia marveled at its strength and beauty, was drawn to it, thinking, it’s mine.

Acasia is a nerd. Instead of dreaming of a man, like the other girls her age, she is fascinated with mathematical facts and figures. I loved the scene where Bastian is playing cards and learns of just one of Acasia’s many talents. She is not a lovey dovey person and I can relate to that. Acasia’s fiery personality and verbal assaults had me in stitches. I loved her playful manner with man and beast. Me thinks she will rule the dragon before all is said and done.

My heart went out to Bastion. As a dragon, he is immortal. He claims his bride and each dies, leaving him alone again. Bastion vowed not to let another break his heart. Dragons Don’t Cry and he wouldn’t, but Acasia is different from the others. Would she win his heart?

The vivid description of the dragon had me marvel at his beauty and her puking episode almost made me upchuck. I laughed at his sexual discomfort as a dragon and a man.

I laughed out loud, when she wouldn’t beg for her life, but told him, “Eat me.”

I loved when she punched him in his bossy dragon nose.

Predictable, but that’s okay. I am very curious to see where it goes and am loving reading the story to find out. Dragons Don’t Cry is written with humor and makes me smile.

From sad to happy, savage to sweet, a fun and lovely fantasy romance. I loved learning about Bastian and love through the innocent child-like eyes of Acasia and watching them both grow and change, as the characters developed more fully.

All of a sudden a vampire appears…and other shapeshifters. Very interesting.

Awesome. A fantastically original story of dragons that leaves me breathless waiting for Dragons Don’t love, Laryn’s Story.

I received this ARC for review in return for an honest review. ( )
  sherry69 | Jan 25, 2016 |

Acasia is now on of them.

I laughed out loud, when she wouldn’t beg for her life, but told him, “Eat me.”

I loved when she punched him in his bossy dragon nose.

All of a sudden a vampire appears…and other shapeshifters. Very interesting.

I received this ARC for review in return for an honest review. ( )
  sherry69 | May 28, 2015 |
SENSUALITY RATING: Profanity; Euphemistic "code words i.e. “thrust”; Other than “true love”, sexual feelings, desires and acts are a primary focus.

GENRE: Fantasy, Romantic Fairytale, Paranormal

SETTING: Bastian’s Dragon Lair

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: ACASIA; nerdy, loves math, hilariously sarcastic, fearless and playful.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: BASTIAN; muscular, obstinate brute, lusty, pushy, temperamental.

SYNOPSIS: Amongst all the virgins, he chose her as his dragon bride. She woke up in his smelly Dragon tower which did not help her hangover much. Thus began the story of Acadia and her handsome and loving Dragon.

WHAT I LIKED: Takes a strong woman to scream with glee while on a dragon’s back in a full dive. Takes a loving dragon to play hide and seek with his human dragon bride. They are many times "HILARIOUS".

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: Waaaay over the top with the “c _ _ k” in every respect.

OVERALL RATING: (4) stars. 5 stars for the fairytale; 5 for the love shown; 2 because way too over the top “c _ _ k” BUT cannot wait to read the next book when Laryn meets his match AND an egg on a nest. ( )
  Chandra-of-Red | May 9, 2015 |
Hera's Curse
One hundred thousand years I curse your kind
Each century you will find
One human woman, not your mate
This curse is now your fate
To Kaya Afia for the most incredible letter any writer could ever receive.  You will always have a special place in my heart.
I looked at Hera, my mother, goddess of marriage.  She stood covered in blood, her anger burned, uncaring that she'd killed so many.  "Mother, you've had your vengeance, you must not curse the ones who remain for a hundred thousand year."
Stupid human female name Acasia.  Beg for your life
Why should I beg when I can no longer take the smell?  Dying would be a blessing.
I'm sorry, mother, I cannot make you proud.
My name is Acasia, not stupid woman named Acasia.
Humph. No, I crave entertainment.  You are interesting.  I wanted to see what you would do.  I did not foresee you throwing yourself over the ledge.

An ADULT sensual fairytale.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,459,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible