Devil Eye by Rebecca Jean Downey
113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byCarolee888

Devil Eye by Rebecca Jean Downey is one of the most exciting and amazing thriller books that I have read!

There were times that I held onto the book so hard while immersed in reading about the dangerous situations. In one of those times, there are many, I had to laugh out loud because, as I was reading the character was also gripping something hard at the same time. I have never had that happen before!

The story starts with a U.S. Marshall asking Penny Larkin to help stop a sale of guns going to Mexico. S She is supposed find Juan Rico who got mixed up in the Mexican cartel’s gunrunning. She has to keep the mission secret even from her boyfriend, Leo Tellez, El Paso County Sheriff.

Penny has remote viewing skills. She can study objects, pictures and videos to get a mental image. And that gives her information that she needs for tracking. She also has so much determination and moxie that you cannot help but admire her. The writing is so vivid that I felt like I was right there with her all the time. It was very easy to imagine her and worry about her. The author uses all the senses to make it easy to feel that you are with the characters, even down to the sweat under their clothes.

This book has a little bit of a paranormal twist and I usually don’t feel comfortable with paranormal books but it was played up that much so please still consider reading it if paranormal is not your genre.

The situations are a reflection of the research that the author did about a similar thing that happened in a small town in New Mexico. The author refers that in her Introduction and gives some background information about the history of gunrunning between the U.S. and Mexico.

I learned so much about gunrunning and cartels that felt that I had almost experienced it first-hand.

Not only do I look forward to her next book but I can hardly wait for more.

I received a copy of Devil Eye by Rebecca Jean Downey in exchange for a fair review from the Partners in Crime but that in no way influenced my thoughts or feelings in my review ( )
  Carolee888 | May 22, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 162994534X, Paperback)

When the U.S. Marshal wants to stop a sale of firearms to Mexico, he asks Penny Larkin to use her remote viewing skills to track down New Mexico gunrunner, Juan Rico. Penny is sworn to secrecy because the marshal believes a law enforcement officer is involved. She can't even tell her boyfriend, El Paso County Sheriff Leo Tellez. Penny heads off to Columbus, New Mexico alone, and winds up stranded on the Interstate during a dust storm. She is forced to use her own gun to hold off a gang of men trying to hi-jack her car. A man winds up dead and New Mexico State Trooper Johnny Trejo, arrests Penny on suspicion of murder. When Leo comes to rescue Penny from the clutches of the law, he brings Adriana, the beautiful twin sister of Alejandra, Leo's dead wife. Penny is desperate to get out of jail to defend her relationship with Leo, but when she is finally free, she must keep her word to the marshal and find Juan Rico, first. On the trail of Rico, gun traffickers kidnap Penny and drag her across the Mexican border, along with their guns. This means certain death for Penny in a country where women often go missing. A rescue by the U.S. Marshal or even Sheriff Tellez is unlikely since no one knows where she is. Will Penny escape the grasp of ruthless gunrunners? Read the Devil Eye and find out!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:37:50 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,987,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible