The Devil's Game (The Game Trilogy) by Sean…

The Devil's Game (The Game Trilogy)

by Sean Chercover

202756,132 (3.6)None
2015 (1) 2015audio (1) ebook (1) fiction (1) goodread-wins (1) kindle (1) mystery (5) sff (1) to-read (4)

I won this kindle edition in a GOODREADS giveaway
  tenamouse67 | Jan 6, 2018 |
The Vatican objects to Father Byrne's findings about Tim Trinity and his prophesying so Father Byrne resigns the Devil's Advocate office and the priesthood in order to find out the truth. And so off we go to la la land where the bad guys are all powerful and the good guys are nearly all powerful and we are all trying to take over the earth. Daniel dumps his girlfriend from Book 1 and takes up with another and the world is going to end with a plague released by the bad guys so we will all turn into prophets.

Is all this necessary? Why couldn't we just have some interesting stories about Father Byrne from the DA's office?

The book is overwrought and Mr. Chercover should have talked to a few more infectious disease specialists about prophylactic dosages and antibiotic failure.

I'd give this a miss if I were you.

I received a review copy of "The Devil's Game: The Daniel Byrne Trilogy, Book 2" by Sean Chercover (Thomas & Mercer) through NetGalley.com. ( )
  Dokfintong | Jul 8, 2017 |

Daniel Byrne is an investigator that infiltrated a covert medical facility. In there he discovered a strain of a plague with unusual side effects. It is up to Daniel to trace the origins of this deadly pathogen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,783,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible