Falling for His Best Friend by Katee Robert

Falling for His Best Friend

by Katee Robert

Avery and Drew have been BFFs since childhood and have supported and held each other up through all the good and especially the bad times in their lives. So when Avery finds out that she too is at risk of getting the same cancer that killed her mom and left her sister barren, she decides to go ahead and have a baby using an anonymous sperm donor, The problem is Drew can't imagine her carrying another man's child and wants to be that sperm donor. But neither of them realizes that the true love they have for each other, buried beneath the years of friendship is at risk of breaking free and causing havoc in their "blissfully ignorant of each other's feelings" lives.

Free Copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
Loved this!! Sizzling, fun, and perfect. Saw this coming in the other books but not quite this way. Great friends to lovers story that is perfect in every way! These characters are perfect for each other and the author found an amazing way to bring them together at last! I recommend this one for everyone's must read list! ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Falling for His Best Friend by Katee Robert
Book #3: Out of Uniform Series
Source: ARC from Author
My Rating: 4½/5 stars
My Review:

For twenty years citizens in Wellingford have wondered when Drew Flannery and Avery Yeung will pull their heads out of their asses and realize they are so much more than just best-friends. Seriously, the entire town can see how perfect these two are for one another but denial is a powerful thing and Drew and Avery both have it going on in spades.

What every good romance needs to get started is a catalyst, a moment or event to convince all involved of the rightness of their relationship. In Drew and Avery’s case, the catalyst is Avery’s decision to have a baby before she is forced to have a preventative hysterectomy. Avery’s family has a sad history of cancer and her own medical testing has indicated she has the same genetic markers as her mother and sister. The hysterectomy is a foregone conclusion but there is still just enough time for Avery to make her dream of a biological child come true. When Avery announces her plans to her circle of close friends, Drew is wicked pissed and storms out. Avery is both completely confused and completely hurt by Drew’s response but she doesn’t have to wait long for an explanation.

For years Drew has wondered what it would like to be with Avery but her friendship is too important to risk losing. When Avery announces her intention to have a baby, Drew’s blood pressure boils at the thought of her being with another man and he offers his services. After twenty years of friendship, Avery knows Drew will be there for her and would never leave alone with their child. After the initial confusion over exactly how Avery is going to be impregnated, Avery and Drew embark on an adventure each has wondered about for years. Their first sexual encounter is, according to Drew a moment when the heavens open up and angels sing and something he is more than interested in repeating. For Avery, the experience was equally satisfying but the aftermath left something to be desired. What both Avery and Drew have feared for twenty years has come to pass, it got awkward.

Over the next week, Avery and Drew try their hardest to keep the awkwardness out of their situation but emotions are high and each is forced to face a truth that everyone but them seem to know, they are meant to be together. In addition to the personal awkwardness, Avery also has to face her incredibly judgmental family. Avery’s grandparents have all their hopes their family resting firmly on Avery’s shoulders. She is the family’s last chance to continue the family line and she must do so with a Chinese man. When Avery announces her decision to her family and who the father will be her grandfather calls her a whore and banishes her from the family. Yeah, because this situation can’t get any worse.

Both Avery and Drew are all over the place and in truth, their biggest obstacle is refusing to admit their true feelings. The idea of having a baby together is something that should bring them nothing but closer together but in fact, it ends up tearing the apart. Until one or the other is willing to say – OUT LOUD – what it is they are feeling, the situation will never be resolved and Avery will end up exactly where Drew never wanted her to be, out of his life and alone with a baby.

The Bottom Line: Drew and Avery are just perfect and their awkward attempts at a no-strings-attached relationship is just comical. Of all the people in the Out of Uniform series, Drew and Avery have the most solid past and foundation for building a romance on. Avery was there for every minute of Drew’s messed up childhood and Drew has been by Avery’s side for every moment of her life. They have been through some serious ups and downs and never once considered abandoning the other. When sex is on the table things certainly get muddled and messed up but once everyone gets their heads on straight, Avery and Drew’s path is clear and headed toward an HEA. My only real complaint about this read (and it carries over from the first two reads) is the frequent use of the word God****. I will proudly admit to being a lady with the mouth of a sailor but that is one word even I won’t use and find it used so often in this read (and the previous two) is a bit off-putting. With that being my only complaint, I can adjust my reading habits by skipping over that word and therefore continue to enjoy this naughty and fun series!! ( )
  arthistorychick | Jun 17, 2015 |
This review first appeared on One Curvy Blogger

When I finally cracked open the pages of Falling for His Best Friend I knew this would become a fast favorite, but I didn’t realize the characters would feel so familiar…until I realized I had met them before! So I went to Goodreads confused and noticed that I had tried to read book one, In Bed with Mr. Wrong in February 2014! Apparently I DNFed it and never tried to pick it up again. So now I am determined to pick it back up and see how it compares to Falling for His Best Friend. But moving on…

He rounded the corner and caught sight of her. Though he recognized that his brother and sister-in-law – and his new niece – were also sitting at the table, all he saw was his best friend.

Like most Entangled reads, this book began at a fast pace. Right off the bat I could tell this book would be the predictable friends-to-lovers romance novel that the title foretells I don’t go into a Brazen romance looking for that new genre bender that will shake the romance world for years to come, so this wasn’t a shocker or a letdown. So if that is what you are expecting of Falling for His Best Friends, you are looking in the wrong place (and probably the wrong imprint). I did have a blast with these characters and can’t wait to read more!

As you’ve probably gathered by this point, Drew and Avery are best friends…but you probably didn’t know they are the definition of co-dependence. They’ve been friends since they were sixth (if I remember correctly) and have leaned on one another through some extremely rough times. Avery and Drew would not be where they are if they didn’t have such a strong bond with one another.

“Who did you kill?”

“What?”

“Seriously, whose body do you need help hiding a body in the woods?”

The confusion in his eyes cleared. “If I had to bury a body, I wouldn’t call your ass. Your damn jeep would probably break down in the middle of nowhere and we’d get stranded – and caught.”

One of the interesting things about Falling for His Best Friends is the cultural conflict that takes place between Avery’s strictly traditional full-Chinese grandparents and the fact that Avery and her sister had an American mother. I didn’t notice the issue it plays in the book right away, but as the book wore on, I noticed the tension more and more. It took a rather two-dimensional romance and added an interesting layer.

Drew’s mother died when he was young and his father was never the same again. He decided young that love would turn him into his father, and was determined to never commit to one woman.

Avery’s worldview is shifted when she hears news that she only has a short amount of time to have a kid before a scheduled hysterectomy will leave her unable to bear children. Unfortunately, she doesn’t have the time to wait for Mr. Right to show up, so she decides to take things into her own hands and set up an appointment for in vitro.

“I’m not going to come in a cup and then have some doctor implant you with a turkey baster.”

“Um…that’s not exactly how it works.”

When Drew hears about her plan for single motherhood, he thinks she’s crazy but understands and volunteers to be the sperm donor. Except he has something else in mind when she explains the process of in vitro fertilization.

Because I found this quote hilarious, I talked to my mom (who works at an OB/GYN office) if this is actually possible and apparently, people have actually attempted this and got pregnant (usually lesbian couples who can’t afford a fertility clinic). Unfortunately, this is very unsafe for the baby and usually results in miscarriage and/or deformities. Long story short, best not to go the turkey baster way.

I have to say, I did enjoy Drew and Avery as main characters though they were either seriously misguided when they thought that attempting to have sex for the purpose of conception wouldn’t change the dynamics of their friendship. Personally, I’m thinking they’ve both individually had the hots for each other for so long that they didn’t fully think through how it would affect the future to go thru with it. On the plus side, they were both incredibly sexy and had some wicked fun sexy times. At one point, there are even handcuffs! I love when cops bust out the handcuffs when sexy times occur.

Even though Avery and Drew were rather unhealthily co-dependent on one another, I loved this book. I know it sounds cheesy to say, but it just says to me how these two are destined to be together forever because nobody else would put up with their weird relationship lmao. Falling for His Best Friend was at times frustrating, but ultimately too cute (and hilarious, might I add) to hate. I will definitely get back to book one and will be on the lookout for more from Katee Robert! ( )
  One_Curvy_Blogger | Jun 3, 2015 |

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint ... He's going above and beyond the call of duty ... Avery Yeung's biological clock just went off early. Thanks to her family's medical history, she's running out of time to get knocked up. And the only guy within donating distance? Her overprotective-and irritatingly hot-best friend. So clearly she needs an anonymous donor ... Anonymous donor? Over Sheriff Drew Flannery's dead body. While daddyhood will never be in the cards for a man with his past, Drew won't let Avery shop for a "popsicle pop." He'll do what's right for his best friend by doing his best friend. But only if they do it properly. But there's nothing "proper" about it. Between the bed, the kitchen counter, and against his squad car, Avery and Drew are having the hottest sex ever. They can't get enough of it-or each other. And without knowing it, they've crossed the one line that could ruin their friendship forever ...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible