Capture by Penny Reid

The Characters:

Kaitlyn Parker:
Martin Sandeke:

The Story:

The conclusion of Katy and Martin.

I was unequivocally hooked at this point. There was no way I couldn’t see if a reunion was made. Fortunately all went well. Now that darn Katy got in her own way so often I didn’t think they were going to make it. Her frequent exclamation of “GAH” and endless confusion were starting to get on my nerves. I like the changes that both characters made in the end. Martin practicing being nice is hilarious.

Overall this was a great series. I loved watching Katy and Martin fall in love. I would love to see them again in the future. *hint hint*

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 11, 2017 |
Ya know, for some strange reason this book fell short of my expectations. Kaitlyn seemed so childish, naive and oblivious. I felt this book fell into sync with most cliche love stories on guy wants girl-girl-thinks-guy-doesn't type of book. The cat and mouse game of soothing your own ego annoys the crap out of me. Martin is the shit but I expected more out of Kaitlyn this time around. ( )
  Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |
It took me a long time to finish this book. On chapter 2 I put it aside and read other books. The first two books I devoured. The characters showed some growth and that's very important to me when reading a book. I like Penny Reid. I've read her 'Knitting in the city" series and I enjoyed them very much.
Maybe I expected the MC's to grow more after the break up and time apart. To me it seamed they were stuck. Or maybe it's because I'm not a great fan of books written in volumes. I prefer the whole story in one book.
I don't mind if the MC's don't have an HEA on the first book of the series. It's amazing following them in the journey of falling in love, building a life together while kicking ass/saving the world like Mercy Thompson & Adam Hauptman, Kate Daniels & Curran, Merrit & Ethan Sullivan.
Penny Reid is a great writer and I look forward to reading more of her books. ( )
  Angelzinhamia | May 12, 2017 |
Much better than Its two previous books.I enjoyed it very much. ( )
  ardvisoor | Jul 18, 2016 |
I've enjoyed this -three parts- book immensely.

"Love, I decided, is being a sidekick." ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |

It's been nine months since Kaitlyn Parker has seen or heard from Martin Sandeke-nine months and five stages of matter. She's lived through the worst of first-love heartbreak and is most certainly stronger (and less likely to hide in science cabinets) than ever before. But now Martin is back, and he wants to be friends. But he's sending mixed signals to the Bunsen burner in Kaitlyn's pants. Will Martin recapture Kaitlyn's heart? Can Kaitlyn and Martin ever be just friends? Or, despite an abundance of chemistry, are some bonds just too unstable to endure?… (more)

Penny Reid is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,384,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible