The Mistletoe Inn: A Novel (The Mistletoe…

The Mistletoe Inn: A Novel (The Mistletoe Collection)

by Richard Paul Evans

Kimberly, a divorced would-be romance author, is trying to deal with her divorce and learning that her dad is sick. Christmas is coming and her dad wants her to go to a writing conference as his gift to her. She goes where she meets Zeke who becomes her writing partner for the conference. They share secrets but not the whole truth.

I enjoyed this book. I liked the characters. I liked Kimberly's father. He is so upbeat and full of life. Kimberly has a lot to deal with and she is not equipped to deal with it all. Trust is hard for her. Zeke also has to learn to trust. I liked watching their interactions. I also figured out the secret fairly early on. While the Hallmark movie was good, the book is so much better. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Dec 1, 2017 |
Kimberly Rossi wants to become a romance author. She's had several failed relationships. She works at a car dealer by day and writes at night. She wants to attend a romance writer's conference in Vermont where H. T. Cowell, the author who inspired her, is scheduled to speak. Her father pays her way in spite of her protests, and she learns from others that Cowell is often a "no show" at events where he is scheduled to speak. A few other things impact the story: a mother who committed suicide when Kimberly was eleven, a father dealing with cancer, rejections from publishers, a friend she meets in the conference registration line, and her writing partner for the week. The outcome was probably a bit too predictable, but it was really a good story overall. Evans created good, but flawed characters to whom we can relate. I listened to the audiobook by Simon & Schuster. The narrator was good, but I did not like the voice for one of the characters. ( )
  thornton37814 | Dec 22, 2016 |
A wonderful book that describes the life of a woman named Kimberly Rossi, who is coming out of a high conflict divorce and is looking for an escape from her current situation. Her father, in his attempt to soothe her, buys Kimberly a spot at the writers’ conference at the Mistletoe Inn. There she meets many people that share different stories, which both fascinate her and help open doors for future friendships. One of those friendships develop into a relationship, that she thought would never happen, after being betrayed by her former husband. However, that is the magic of Christmas at the Mistletoe Inn.

I must say that I really enjoyed this book. I found it a little spooky in some sense that I am going through a divorce from a man that cheated on me over and over, which caused me to finally end our marriage. I was able to relate to many of the situations that arose throughout the book and enjoyed how the characters worked through them. Overall it was a wonderful read and very refreshing. It was a great reminder that people can fall in love again, even if they have been betrayed by someone they held dear in the past. I highly recommend this book and plan on passing it along to a family member. I must thank both Goodreads and the author, since it was given to me in a giveaway. It was much appreciated and it was just what I needed right now in my life. Thank you so much.  ( )
  Jennifer35k | Dec 21, 2016 |
The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans
Kimberly, finance director decides to attend writers workshop during the holiday as she wants to be a romance writer.
Love hearing all about the writers conference and the people she meets along the way.
HT Cowell will also be there, speaking in public in over 10 years!
Sad that her father could be dying from cancer and so amazed at how things happen!
Zeke is interested in the retreat and to Kim. She spends time with him and tells him of her deepest darkest secrets.
She tries to get him to open up also...such sadness and joy at the same time. Love the travel and the reason for the season.
Can't wait to read the other books by this author.
  jbarr5 | Sep 23, 2016 |
Richard Paul Evans writes the most wonderful Christmas stories and The Mistletoe Inn is no exception. It is a heartwarming story about love and second chances, that will touch your heart in all the right places like a nice cup of cocoa on a cold winter's night.

Kim is a thirty something working in a car dealership and hoping for her dreams of having her first book published. She's been through the ringer with romance and a devastating tragedy in her family. Zeke is a handsome, seems too good to be true, wonderful guy, Kim meets at a writers conference at the Mistletoe Inn. But Zeke has a few skeleton's in his closet too. When the two become writing buddies and the butterflies start to flutter, Kim needs to learn how to accept love into her life again and learn to trust again. But love is a little complicated for these two and... you'll have to read the story to find out the rest! This is a sweet, tender story that will not disappoint. Richard Paul Evans also does a wonderful job of dealing with aspects of depression and suicide, which is something that had touched Kim's life in the story.

My reading group usually reads a "Christmas" story for the Holiday break, and this was our choice this year. Everyone enjoyed it and it really is perfect for this time of year. It is a light, ultimately uplifting story. The chapters are short & sweet, and the writing itself is inviting. And let me tell you one more thing, it's a wonderful romance without the need for sex to warm up the pages!

I give this 4 Mistletoes! And I want to thank Simon & Schuster for sending along a copy for my reading pleasure and honest review! ( )
  quzy | Jan 10, 2016 |

"The New York Times bestselling "King of Christmas Fiction" presents a romantic new holiday story about two romance writers who are searching for the kind of love that, so far, they have only written about"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,647,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible