Whose Shoe? by Eve Bunting

Whose Shoe?

by Eve Bunting

202515,329 (3.8)None

There are a couple reasons why I liked this book. First, I liked how cute and rhythmic it was. It was enjoyable and unpredictable. I didn’t expect the animals to have shoes of their own when the mouse was asking if anyone lost a shoe. The rhyming itself was also fun to read and kept me entertained. Second, I like the characters in the story. I’ve always liked when authors incorporate personification within their stories, especially when it’s animals that hold human characteristics. It was cute how the animals interacted with each other and explained why the shoe the mouse had wasn’t theirs. Third, I liked the illustrations in this story. This is another great example of how readers could just view the illustrations and still understand what going on in the story. I also believe children could enjoy this book due to the illustrations. Overall, I like how the mouse was determined and helpful to find who lost their shoe instead of either leaving it there or taking it. I guess the main idea would be about being honest and how important giving something back that belongs to someone else is.
  annamelton | Apr 18, 2017 |
Mouse searches for owner of lost shoe and finds a new home. Great read aloud with charming illustrations by Sergio Ruzzier. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |

There's something in that tall bamboo.
Oh, my goodness! It's a shoe!

A mouse comes across a shoe and sets out to find its owner. A conscientious role model, this determined mouse asks an unlikely assortment of animals if the shoe belongs to them, hears about their own shoes, and receives a surprising reward at the end. Eve Bunting's cheerful rhymed text and Sergio Ruzzier's charmingly unique illustrations make this a delightful book to share with a young child.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 08 Jul 2015 02:36:41 -0400)

A conscientious mouse tries to locate the owner of a single unclaimed shoe.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible