Max the Brave by Ed Vere

Max the Brave

by Ed Vere

2151854,204 (4)1

English (17)  French (1)  All (18)
Do you like BooKs? Some people like Books and some have wonder STATE METS. you can get a Book at the liBarY. i Like this Book it is called Max. The. Brave. You. Can. Look up on your phone YOU go to the library you can look up on Your phone and find what l)lol it is in I like this Book so much!! I like it Because it has animals I. Like the. Book.
  Roslyn_First_Grade | Apr 10, 2017 |
  Roslyn_First_Grade | Apr 5, 2017 |
Max the brave (a cat) is out looking for mouse to chase. he asks different animals if they are mouse and everyone, including mouse, says they are not mouse. mouse comes to a monster who is asleep, he assumes he is mouse and goes after him. he decides going after "monster" (who is mouse) would be easier.
6 books
  TUCC | Nov 7, 2016 |
Determined to be heroic, rather than sweet, Max the kitten goes in search of a mouse to hunt, since hunting mice is what brave cats do. Not sure just what a mouse looks like, Max interrogates a number of creatures, asking each one whether they are a mouse. When he finally does meet a mouse, that enterprising little creature assures him that he is a monster, and that the mouse Max is looking for is actually the sleeping monster nearby...

An amusing tale of a kitten's search for the correct way to be (as well as a clever mouse's misdirection) Max the Brave will appeal to young children who will enjoy being "in the know,' when it comes to the titular feline hero's attempts to discover just what a mouse looks like. The illustrations, which look like they might be some sort of wood or block print (not sure about the medium - I really wish publishers always provided that information on the colophon!), is colorful and appealing, reminding me a bit of Chris Haughton and Zachariah Ohora's work. Recommended to younger children who love cats, or to anyone looking for humorous picture-books with a super-hero and/or feline theme. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Oct 7, 2016 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked how juvenile and naive the author makes the characters (mostly the main character, Max) out to be. Mac is a young kitten that says he's brace and chases mice, but hasn't actually seen one before. Therefore, most of the story pertains to Max asking all types of animals "are you mouse?" Another reason I enjoyed this book is because it's very relatable. In the short story, Max wants to be seen as a brave young cat, rather than a little, cute, helpless being. Growing up, it is normal to feel like you need to prove you're more mature and grown up than you actually are. Lastly, I liked the use of language and how the sentences were structured. The author uses short simple sentences to portray how naive Max is. These sentences are easy to read and comprehend. The main idea of this short story is that even though at times we want to seem all grown up, its okay to be young and naive every once in a while.
  AlexaLevine | Sep 13, 2016 |

Max is a cute kitten who dreams of becoming a brave mouse-catcher. So he sets off in search of a mouse, and discovers that bravery perhaps is not so important after all.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible