Franklin's Bad Day by Paulette…

Franklin's Bad Day

by Paulette Bourgeois

Other authors: Brenda Clark (Illustrator)

Series: Franklin

Franklin has a bad day, and he needs to figure out how to change his day around. His friends weren't sure of how to help him. In the end, he figured out that he needed to find a way to turn his day around.

Reflection: This is a great book to learn about how to deal with bad days, and how to deal with change.
  julie.gesinger | Feb 17, 2016 |
Franklin's a little less annoying in this book than some of his others. His friend moved away--we can all relate. And he steps out of his ingenue role to throw a tantrum, which is again relatable--apparently the holy grail of all things literary. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Oct 18, 2015 |
Franklin's Bad Day is about Franklin the turtle who is having a bad day because his best friend, Otter, moved. The book's theme is about friendship and dealing with change. I really liked this book. I have always been a fan of the Franklin books. One reason that I really liked this book was because of the character, Franklin. I liked that Franklin was having a bad day, but was having a hard time talking about it with his parents and friends. Franklin kept telling everyone that he was having a bad day, but he did not actually say anything about missing Otter until the end when he was sad about kicking over the castle he made with Otter. I think that a lot of children, and even adults, can identify with feeling upset about something and not wanting to talk about it. A second reason that I liked this book was because of the plot. I really enjoyed that Franklin discovered at the end that he could still keep in touch with Otter by sending her mail, and that way they could still remain friends. I think that this is a very relatable situation to a lot of children and this book can show them and give them hope about this type of situation. ( )
  MelissaPatek | Feb 10, 2014 |
If you've read one Franklin the Turtle book, you've read them all. If only my daughter thought so too. ( )
  yarb | Dec 21, 2007 |
Franklin the turtle is having a bad day, where nothing seems to go quite right, and his usual activities aren't fun. He misses his friend Beaver who has moved away. Eventually his parents suggest that he write her a letter. Expressing his feelings and doing something about the situation help him to feel better. Like all the Franklin books, the story portrays the feelings of a young child with sensitivity, humour and understanding. Great for preschoolers to grade one (early readers). ( )
  tripleblessings | Nov 13, 2006 |

Paulette Bourgeoisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clark, BrendaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:03 -0400)

Franklin feels grumpy and sad one day and doesn't know why until he realizes he is missing his friend Otter who moved away.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible