Dirty Past by Emma Hart

Dirty Past

by Emma Hart

Other authors: Tantor Audio (Producer)

Series: Burke Brothers [E Hart] (May 2015 - book 2)

This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreReview
Oh Tate... how can you be such a jerk, but also so hot. It's a question that will forever plague me.

Tate is Conner's oldest brother. He's known for being a man slut, but maybe he'll find the woman that will calm his ass down. He doesn't trust easily, but the minute he sees Ella he feels protective of her. He doesn't know why. Seeing him fight his emotions is pretty funny. He doesn't know how to do sweet stuff. He's never done it before, and finds himself trying to keep his hands, and thoughts, off Ella. It proves to be pretty damn difficult. I do love seeing him with his niece. She's the only one that can bring out the big teddy bear in him.

Ella is running away from a dark past. She's ashamed of how she allowed herself to be treated, and figured being the PA for Dirty B would be a great way to hide herself in plain sight. She's not used to all the joking around the guys do, and sometimes feels a little out of place. I was happy when she started giving their crap back to them. She's witty, funny, and still trying to become the person she knows she's supposed to be. Her ex is awful, and the threatening messages scare her.

Dirty Past has it's light moments but it also deals with abuse. There were instances where I felt awful for Ella, but happy that she realized she should get herself out of the situation. If you want parents to really dislike, wait until you meet Ella's. They are horrid. Even though Ella's past is dark, the book is filled with witty comebacks, laughter, and love. It's definitely one of my favorites. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Dirty Secret. I was hoping that Emma would be able to deliver the same thrill and engaging read. She sure did with this one!

Secrets and pasts always seem to catch up with us, at a time where we are most vulnerable. This story is about Ella and her need to find herself while hiding from her abusive fiance'. Her mistrust and uncertainty is something that intrigues everyone.

Tate is the playboy. He will never settle. He is the hit it and quit it man. Until Emma crosses his path. Her shyness, yet spunky attitude has him panting at her feet.

This story had me from the beginning. The slow turn in confidence with Ella to the slow demise of Tate. Then throw in the stalking ex, who just won't let Ella go. It's a guaranteed winner. I read this one in one sitting. How could I not? I didn't want to put it down. I needed to see this to the end. ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |

Emma Hartprimary authorall editionscalculated
Toma, IggyReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, TantorProducersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Tate Burke, the eldest of the Burke brothers and a member of the rock band Dirty B., is pure sex. Women actually throw their panties at him during shows. And Ella Dawson is the lucky little thing that gets to escort their fangirling butts out when he's done with them. Tate's a cocky son of a bitch, but there's more to him than meets the eye. Every now and then Ella gets a rare glimpse of the Tate behind the bad-boy act, and it attracts her in the most annoying way. The most annoying, heart-thumping, panty-wetting way. When her raging mad, abusive ex turns up at the hotel room that Ella and Tate are sharing, Ella knows that she'll need more than just a little protection. Tate sees red, and Ella can't help but lean on him despite his bad-boy ways. And now? Now, he's in a whole lot of trouble. Contains mature themes.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible