Retribution by Katie Reus

Retribution

by Katie Reus

611,268,033 (4.5)None

Sometimes it's hard to read a book and have no one by your side - physically - so that you can turn to them every other chapter and tell them, grinning like a fool: "I'm loving this book. Have I told you how much I love it yet? Well, I love it!"

Which is exactly what happened with me and Retribution.

Declan Gallagher is a dream walker, who has been called to act as the bodyguard of a Russian crime boss's son. During his duty he comes across Nika Brennan and her sister Alena, two seemingly innocent women hanging out with Andre, the man he's trying to keep safe - Alena more personally than her sister. He knows it's only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose with what the sisters are truly planning to do. And he's determined to stop them, even if Nika is pulling at all the right heartstrings...

I'm telling you right now, if Katie Reus generally writes like she did in this book, and it's not just me being lucky and stumbling upon a lone case, then I'm glad I have her other books in my TR list! Because the woman doesn't just write; she... she weaves magic or something!

It was impossible to skip through the pages and not swallow every little word. And the plot and the individual characters weren't the only things shining - their chemistry was really something else, too. Not just romantically. Declan and Nika were amazing as a couple, even if they had their issues and had trouble trusting each other, but Declan also had tons of friendly chemistry with Andre, the same way Nika had with Alena. It was one of those few books where I enjoyed the main couple, yes, but I was also giddy when it was time for some Alena and Andre scenes.

I really hope those two get their own book, too - though, truth be told, even if they don't, I feel like it was fair to let things end that way. Ms. Reus showed us that not all couples end up together, and while I'm a huge fan of the HEA in stories, I can appreciate the realism behind this particular ending.

***I was given an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinion stated in this review is solely mine, and no compensation was given or taken to alter it.*** ( )
  Lydia_Perversius | Jul 23, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,123,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible