Spotless by Camilla Monk

This is the book the last book I read (Killing Sarai) was trying to be - a suspense novel with a thread of romance. There is real romantic angst and an engaging storyline that keeps you reading. The main characters are interesting and damaged. The storyline is believable and people behave believably given the circumstances... overall, it is one of the better written genre books I've read in awhile.

It wasn't a cliffhanger ending - the story was wrapped up fully (though most readers are probably disappointed in how it ultimately worked out) - but, at the very end of the book, the author dangled some bait to lure us into buying the next book in the series. I will be doing so. I like strong female characters, characters that behave the way normal people would behave in the same circumstances, and angst that isn't teen-aged or sappy. ( )
  crazybatcow | Jan 17, 2016 |
I received this book free from GoodReads.

This is the best written romance novel that I've read. Admittedly this isn't my genre but still I've read enough to know that Camilla Monk, in her debut novel, has really hit it out of the park. The only blemish is that the end is rather abrupt and is obviously setting up the next book.

Some sensitive readers might find the moderate levels of violence objectionable but Monk does a great job at ramping up the action but dialing it back before things get too out of hand, or out of knee, as the case might be. However if you want some some danger in your romance this novel delivers. The female protagonist, programmer Island Chaptal, is in and out of hot water constantly, but due to her own wits, spunk, and the occasional timely intervention of an irritable OCD hitman who knows way too much about her, Island perseveres.

Monk, a native of France, shows her love of her native country in the sumptuous descriptions of Paris as well as an insiders tour of Tokyo to boot. This is one hell of a good book. ( )
  dketelsen | Jun 5, 2015 |

Camilla Monk is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,564,426 books! | Top bar: Always visible