Pucked by Helena Hunting

Pucked

by Helena Hunting

Other authors: Marla Esposito (Proof editor), Jen Matera (Copyeditor), Lauren Schmelz (Story editor)

Series: Pucked (May 2015 - book 1)

4.5 stars. Laugh out loud, crazy, sexy, butterflies in your stomach fun!!! I loved Alex and Violet was a hysterical mess. ( )
  Laura97 | May 11, 2017 |
Man, this had so much potential but it got sidetracked by all the lovey dovey mumbo jumbo. Seriously, I think I'm not that kind of person that choses on genre and then reads every single book by every single author out there. The book got boring very, very fast. I didn't like some of the sexist remarks by both characters, these same characters were childish and sometimes cute.

Speaking of childish, what was that vocabulary? WHat, are we in eight grade and can't say the real names for our body parts? Beaver? MC? Kill me now. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
Waste of time and money this book is absolute crap. ( )
  mhelissa26 | Mar 8, 2017 |
While reading this story, I was dying to start "borrowing" words from the author. A lingo, wonderful. I can't wait until all my friends read it so we can joke about jilling sessions, MC and the beave. Bwahahaha. ♡ Also, pay attention to the chapter titles. I had so much fun. Truly, it was a blast. Special thanks to the author for a great time, felt like I had a mini party.

Violet has absolutely no filter. This poor girl just word vomits all over the place. Her antics and the fact that she is aware of them are a total hoot. She's an accountant to athletes. Her stepfather is a scout, and her stepbrother is a professional hockey player. And I think her mother is where she gets her lunacy.

Waters is just a sweet little nerd boy inside a huge yummy man body. He's all that and a box of chocolate. ;) When he can have any supermodel puck bunny he wants, he's chasing after my crazy girl crush Violet. He's Canadian and has some kookie parents of his own.

Lotsa sweet'n'sexy going on and so many original scenes. I want to talk about them, but that would definitely take the fun out of reading first hand. I just gotta say that I loved the sleeping play and the cape. *wink*

If you're looking for funny with some heart and sexy, I recommend this book. ¡Me gustó mucho!

4.75 stars

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/05/pucked-by-helena-hunting... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Matera, JenCopyeditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schmelz, LaurenStory editorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lumetta, ShannonCover Designsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Studios, AudiblePublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Alex, you've seen me through many a MS. Thank you for believing in my words and helping me work through them, even when I'm freaking out.
WTF Makes Violence So Hot?
VIOLET

It's 6:51 on Thursday morning, and I'm thirty seconds away from an amazing orgasm.

With a famous NHL player for a step-brother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation many hockey stars come with. She’s smart enough to steer clear of those hot, well-built boys with unparalleled stamina. That is until she meets the legendary team captain—Alex Waters. Violet isn’t interested in his pretty, beat-up face, or his rock-hard six-pack abs. But when Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet’s previous misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes more than just a hot body with a face to match. In what can only be considered a complete lapse in judgment, Violet finds out just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. But what starts out as a one-night stand, quickly turns into something more. Post-night of orgasmic magic, Alex starts to call, and text, and e-mail and send extravagant—and quirky—gifts, making him difficult to ignore, and even more difficult not to like. The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn’t want to be part of the game.

With a famous NHL player for a stepbrother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation of many a hockey star. She isn’t interested in legendary team captain Alex Waters or his pretty, beat-up face and rock-hard six-pack abs. When Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet’s misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes much more than just a hot body with the face to match. Suffering from a complete lapse in judgment, Violet discovers just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. Violet believes her night of orgasmic magic with Alex is just that: one night. But Alex starts to call. And text. And email and send extravagant—and quirky—gifts. Suddenly, he's too difficult to ignore, and nearly impossible not to like. The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn’t want to be part of the game.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 04 Aug 2015 03:23:05 -0400)

With a famous NHL player for a stepbrother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation of many a hockey star. She is not interested in legendary team captain Alex Waters or his pretty, beat-up face and rock-hard six-pack abs. When Alex inadvertently obliterates her misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes much more than just a hot body with the face to match. Suffering from a complete lapse in judgment, Violet discovers just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. Violet believes her night of orgasmic magic with Alex is just that: one night. But Alex starts to call. And text. And email and send extravagant and quirky gifts. Suddenly, he is too difficult to ignore, and nearly impossible not to like. The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet does not want to be part of the game.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,375,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible