Mockingbird Songs by R.J. Ellory

Mockingbird Songs

by R.J. Ellory

Een thriller waarin twee verhalen door elkaar spelen. Het ene bouwt langzaam vanuit het verleden naar het heden en er wordt uitgelegd waarom de twee broers de relatie hebben die ze hebben. Het andere verhaal gaat over een zoektocht naar de dochter van de ene broer, waarbij Henri Quinn (mede-gevangene van broer Evan) langzamerhand de geheimen uit het verleden ontrafelt. Het boek is heftig, rauw en onverwacht. Knap geschreven en heel sfeervol. Het echte geweld barst pas los na pag. 300. Je zit er al een tijd op te wachten. ( )
  elsmvst | Mar 13, 2018 |
Two stories merging into one with lots of "y'all" style 'n down south American talk thrown in plus two brothers whom you like and dislike in equal measures and another characters who do the whole see each other and fall in love deal. Its not a bad story just takes a while to get there and at times I got a tad fed up with all the supposedly authentic down south talk ( )
  nikon | Sep 4, 2015 |
To my brilliant editors, Jemima Forrester and Jon Wood; to my tireless agent, Euan Thorneycroft; to my fellow Whiskey Poet, Martin Smith, and his wife, Sue, in appreciation of her limitless patience and hospitality as we recorded the first album.
A man could not be blessed with better friends. As always, to my wonderful wife, Vicky, and my son, Ryan, for everything that's been, and everything yet to come.
"A clear conscience is nothing more than a bad memory."

"The only reason Henry Quinn survived three years inside was because of Evan Riggs, a one-time country singer, one-time killer, now serving a life sentence with no hope of parole. On the day of his release, Henry promises Evan he will find his daughter, the daughter he has never met, and deliver a letter. A free man, Henry heads to the small Texan town where Evan grew up and where his brother Carson now resides as sheriff. There's no sign of the girl and her uncle claims to know nothing of her whereabouts. But Henry isn't going to give up. He made a promise, no matter what, he's going to keep it. As Carson's behaviour towards him becomes ever more threatening, Henry realises that there are dark secrets buried at the heart of this quiet town. What terrible thing drove the brothers apart, and what really happened to the missing girl?"--Dust jacket.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,444,335 books! | Top bar: Always visible