The Proposal at Siesta Key: Amish Brides of…

The Proposal at Siesta Key: Amish Brides of Pinecraft, Book Two (The…

by Shelley Shepard Gray

AUTHOR Gray, Shelley Shepard
TITLE: The Proposal at Siesta Key
DATE READ 05/27/2016
RATING 4/B
GENRE/ PUB DATE/PUBLISHER / # OF PAGES Inspirational Romance/ 2015 / Harper Collins / 256 pgs
SERIES/STAND-ALONE: #2 Amish Brides of Pinecraft
CHARACTERS Penny Troyer & Michael Knoxx
TIME/PLACE: Present, Pinecroft, FL
FIRST LINES The moment Penny Troyer turned the dead bolt on the front door, she knew it was a big mistake.
COMMENTS: I received this book from GoodReads and it was chosen for me to read in a swap -- tell me what to read next. It is a sweet, gentle read. Before reading this book, I was not aware there were Amish in South Florida, maybe when I return/retire I will have to visit the area. Penny is a young woman in her early 20's living a very protected, sheltered life. When she was 12 her sister was abducted and murdered. Since then her parents have not let Penny out of their sight and she barely leaves the house. Her family moved from Ohio to Florida to hopefully start anew. Penny leaves her parents one evening to hear Michael Knoxx and his family -- a traveling Mennonite Evangelical family. Michael is very motivational and inspirational -- he was in a car accident where he lost a leg but does not let this keep him down. Penny is a very shy, innocent girl but is determined to have a life beyond the front door of her parent's home. She gets a job at the local Bed & Breakfast and one of her main duties is to tend to Michael while he is recovering. He had to stop touring to have additional surgery. Their first impressions are not good. He seems rather abrupt and unlike the man she heard speak and he thinks she is a "groupie". A sweet romance in an interesting setting -- Amish near Siesta Key, Florida. ( )
  pammykn | Jun 15, 2016 |
"4 out of 5 stars!! Ever since her sister was murdered about twelve years ago, Penny (Pen) has lived a sheltered life a life that has recently been stifling. She is now ready to “spread her wings” so-to-speak and defy her parents’ wishes enough to make her way in the world. As Penny grows into her new life, she meets Michael, an evangelist who tours with his family to speak about the Lord and to share his story of struggle and triumph. During Michael’s time in Pinecraft Penny and he grow close, as close as “friends” could be, but once Michael’s time comes to an end will they be able to take their budding relationship and turn it into something more? Or is just being friends all they’ll be able to agree too?

I LOVED how this novel embellished on Beverly & Eric’s story from “The Promise of Palm Grove” (Book 1) while still centering on Penny & Michael’s romance. I really enjoyed seeing where the previous characters’ lives were going while getting to read about a new mix of characters too! Penny & Michael are an uplifting because of how their relationship naturally grew from how they meet, to their “working relationship,” to them falling for one another."

Read more of my review and FOUR TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/05/blog-tour-feasted-on-proposal-... -- MY REVIEW WILL BE POSTED ON MAY 27TH 2015 IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE LITFUSE PUBLICITY GROUP'S BLOG TOUR.

Find out more about my blog here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/ ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
I really enjoy these books about the Amish in Florida. The characters are real and show a lot of personality. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jan 9, 2016 |
Title: The Proposal at Siesta Key (The Pinecraft Brides #2)
Author: Shelley Shepard Gray
Pages: 288
Year: 2015
Publisher: Avon Inspire
My rating is 5 stars.
We are introduced to characters in the first book titled, The Promise of Palm Grove along with a wonderful B & B. The setting is sunny Florida in the small town of Pinecraft that is close to the ocean along with a wonderful, close knit, Amish community. The Orange Blossom B & B is operated daily by Beverly. Recently she hired a young lady named Penny Troyer to care for Michael Know while he recoups after surgery.
Trouble begins to brew when Beverley’s unhealed heart is hurt when she thinks she views an improper moment between Michael and Rachael. Now, after taking time to pray, she is confronted by the owner, Eric, as he learns about owning this business he inherited. On top of this, Tricia comes to surprise her Aunt Beverly, running away from an embarrassing situation at home.
There is romance blooming with a new set of young people in the community and there really isn’t much reference to the characters readers met in book one. I was a little disappointed by that as I came to enjoy them in the first story. There is a third book that I will be reading titled, A Wedding at the Orange Blossom Inn by the same author. Perhaps the characters not written into the second book will show up more in book three. Either way I know I laughed a lot while reading this tale because of the way one guest of the inn was expressing how she viewed Florida.
Please consider reading the books written by Shelley Shepard Gray as they are highly entertaining, faith filled and have moments of climax with tension that make for an enjoyable afternoon of getting lost in the fictional town of Pinecraft!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Sep 22, 2015 |
I have quickly come to love the people of Siesta Keys. There is no major drama, no love lost and then found again, still, it is a book I had a hard time putting down. Reading this book is like visiting with old friends.

Penny has lived a very sheltered life since her sister's death at the age of twelve. Now Penny wants to test her wings and step outside her comfort zone. She has taken a job at the local inn, much to her parents distress. They are so upset, they refuse to talk to penny. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Sep 20, 2015 |

A young Amish woman, yearning for freedom, crosses paths with a handsome Mennonite celebrity in a deeply moving tale of friendship and self-discovery—the second installment in the unforgettable New York Times bestselling author’s new Amish Brides of Pinecraft series.

Penny Troyer rarely disobeys her parents. In the years since her sister’s tragic death, they’ve wanted nothing more than to keep her safe…even if it means never leaving the house.

But tonight, she’s bending the rules because Michael Knoxx, the most famous member of The Knoxx Family Singers, a traveling Mennonite Evangelical family —is scheduled to speak. Penny has heard of Michael—how he lost part of his leg in a terrible accident and uses the experience to inspire others—and knows she must meet him. So, for the first time ever, Penny stands up to her parents and goes out on her own.

Though he speaks about living life to the fullest, Michael knows he needs to take his own advice. Life on the road is grueling and Michael wants to slow down, to rest…to perhaps meet someone who sees him as a man, not just a celebrity. So when a twist of fate allows him the chance to stay a little longer in Pinecraft, Michael knows God is showing him a new path, especially when he discovers how much he and Penny Troyer have in common.

But new friendships can’t stop time. Soon, Michael's time in Pinecraft will be over and he'll be back on the road. Her time with Michael has brought her happiness, but will she be able to follow her heart? Or will she be faced with the one thing she’s sure she'll never have the courage to do?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 02 Jul 2015 21:34:05 -0400)

In the years since her sister's tragic death, Penny Troyer's parents want nothing more than to keep her safe-- even if it means never leaving the house. She goes to hear a speech by Michael Knoxx of The Knoxx Family Singers, a traveling Mennonite Evangelical family. He speaks about living life to the fullest despite his handicap, but Michael wants his life to slow down. When he gets the chance to stay a little longer in Pinecraft, Michael knows God is showing him a new path, especially when he discovers how much he and Penny Troyer have in common.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,558,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible