Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl (Junie…

Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl (Junie B. Jones, No. 17) (edition 2001)

by Barbara Park, Denise Brunkus

Member:JulianneM
Title:Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl (Junie B. Jones, No. 17)
Authors:Barbara Park
Other authors:Denise Brunkus
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (2001), Paperback, 80 pages
Tags:Junie B. Jones, transition book, chapter book, children. humor, graduation, school, series, funny, fiction, girls

Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl by Barbara Park

The big picture of Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl is sometimes making a mistake isn't it the end of the world, and it can be turned into something bigger and beautiful. I found this book to be irritating, yet funny. One reason I liked the book was the characters are well developed and believable. The characters in this book are supposed to be graduating first grade, and I think the author does a great job of portraying the characters at that age level. For example, when the teacher is asking the students for the next line in the classes poem a student shouts "THE ZOO IS P.U.!" The students crack up and think this remark is super funny and I know other students could relate to that. A reason I disliked the book was the language- I can't stand when authors write things in "kid language". An example of this is Junie saying "None of them was clothes." I don't think it's good for an author to model this use of language when beginner readers are reading these types of books, and quite frankly it's just annoying. Also, I dislike the amount of exclamation marks she uses. I may be over thinking this because I'm an adult but it seriously bothers me. On a more positive note, I think the plot was well paced. The author didn't just jump into the problem and solution but gradually built up to the fact she spilled grape juice on her dress. I also think the solution was very creative and cute- something that was outside of the box. ( )
  baileywysong | Nov 14, 2016 |
I liked this book because the language was very descriptive. This book is about a girl named Junie B. Jones who is about to graduate kindergarten. She is instructed not to open the box to her graduation gown, but out of curiosity and fascination she does so anyways. She ends up getting grape juice stains on it and tries various ways to fix it. The language in the book is exactly how a kindergarten would talk in real life. Most of the time when Junie B. Jones is talking she does not pronounce words correctly. For example, on page 18 she states, "See? I told you, Mother says I am getting a better vocavulary." The big idea behind this book is that you should keep your graduation gown in a safe place, particularly away from grape juice that stains. ( )
  breannaamos | Nov 11, 2016 |
Junie B. Jones is by far my favorite children series. She has a delightful spunky personality that makes readers laugh and smile. When I read these books I have to read them out loud and do different voices for all of the characters. It is very hard to not do the voices! I knew when she finally got that box down off the fridge her beautiful white graduation gown was going to get ruined. And I was right! Barbara Parks books are very easy to read since the font is so big and the story is very entertaining. The readers just don't want to put the book down! ( )
  kstano1 | Oct 20, 2015 |
Great book that feeds off of the the other Junie B. Jones books. Junie B.'s continuous silly humor always seems to get her in a lot of trouble, and this time it's graduation day! Follow along with her in the classroom to see how she almost messes up her graduation uniform.
  zahammou | Dec 9, 2014 |
I remember this book so well! My dad made a point of taking me to the book store when I was younger and let me pick out Junie B.'s all the time, but I got so caught up that when this one was in stores Barnes & Noble only had it in hard back. I was so happy my dad still let me get it and I felt like it was one of my most special books because it even had a ribbon bookmark connected to it. So with Junie B. graduating and getting older I felt a connection with her in that same way that I was being trusted with nicer books.
  ecm014 | Oct 23, 2014 |

Junie B. Jones has just turned six and is looking forward to her kindergarten graduation, but when grape juice stains the white gown she couldn't resist trying on, she is afraid graduation is ruined.After celebrating her sixth birthday, Junie B.’s mom tucks her in and reminds her she is graduating from kindergarten on Friday. Her mom reassures her this is an exciting event and she is ready to go to first grade the following year. The week at school is filled with graduation preparation, including a poem writing activity that ends with Junie B. in the principal’s office. . But Junie B., being Junie B., is sure that just one peek on the way home won't soil her gown. And then she must show off to her stuffed animals with a lot of whirling and skipping, which of course makes her thirsty. But guess what? "Grape juice can go wrong."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375802924, Paperback)

Junie B. Jones and all of Room 9 are getting ready to graduate from kindergarten! Their teacher--known to our heroine as "Mrs."--distributes their fresh white caps and gowns ("Cats and gowns, cats and gowns!" Junie hollers), and makes her students promise to keep them in their boxes until the big day. But Junie B., being Junie B., is sure that just one peek on the way home won't soil her gown. And then she must show off to her stuffed animals with a lot of whirling and skipping, which of course makes her thirsty. But guess what? "Grape juice can go wrong."

The 17th title in Barbara Park's popular Junie B. Jones beginning chapter book series is filled with more messy antics from the irrepressible 6-year-old with the rather unusual speaking style. She may be trouble, but Junie B. Jones has definite six-appeal. Don't miss any of the titles in this lively series, from Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket to Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying to Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day. Denise Brunkus's witty drawings deftly capture the tragicomedies of kindergarten life. Although the cute-precocious style may eventually grate on grownups' nerves, kids won't tire of Junie B.'s everyday adventures. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:07 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,763,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible